Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if DUPLICOLOR has a car paint that is close to the SILVER color on walk behind lawn mowers, it’s easier to pick up locally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
That has a metal flake to the paint doesn't it? My neighbor has what looks to be the same mower. He just had Dirty weld one of the wheel assembles back on. Normal i'da guessed him to pitch it.

Now you wanting paint makes me think there's some kind of Honda mower cult thing.:mocking:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I bought my Honda mower in 1985. It has been used continuously each spring and summer since then. I've changed the oil every few years and the air filter once. When it was about 30 years old, the tires finally wore through and I replaced those. OEM parts were still available on Ebay. The coil went bad a couple of years ago, and parts were still available. It still starts on the first pull, just like it did when it was new. I suppose I should repaint it at some point.

Based on my recommendation, my daughter and son-in-law bought a Honda mower a few years ago. They've had a lot of problems. They already had to replace the carburetor.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Does anyone know if DUPLICOLOR has a car paint that is close to the SILVER color on walk behind lawn mowers, it’s easier to pick up locally.

Pay a visit to your local automotive paint distributor. They will likely have information on Honda equipment colors. I was in that business for 40 years. We had a "gizmo" that would take sample pictures, annualize the color and print out an exact formula. We could then package the paint into spray cans for the customers convenience.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello jdforever,
I’ll try that, since it’s just a lawnmower it doesn’t need to be perfect.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,572 Posts
A little Googling turned up this:

Honda HRR models up through K7 version use Tup Rose Champagne Light Metallic, Color Code NHA99M, part number 08707-NHA99M

Newer HRR models from K8 to K9 use Rose Champagne Light Metallic, paint code MH246, part number 087070-NHB37M

Reactions: glc
1 - 6 of 6 Posts