Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok decided to start a new thread instead of doing it under Good Morning.

Came home Monday afternoon and it was setting in the driveway. Been impressed with the power it has compared to the lack of it (at least on hills) with the Xuv550S4. Yes a HP increase and sure more torque , plus 3 speed auto transmission compared to CVT. Both 4 seaters, having the cover on at present time , taking some getting used to putting something in the bed of , of course with side doors and open them like a 4 dr car,truck. Guessing the rear axle is a positraction , so far I've used 4 wd one time to see if it did work, it did helped but was doing OK in 2wd.
So here are a few more photos.

IMG_0178.JPG Picture of grandson and the Gator Aug of this year.

IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0257.JPG IMG_0259.JPG IMG_0258.JPG

Now a picture of the bed and seats down.[ATTA

IMG_0261.JPG then with one of the seats seats up. IMG_0262.JPG

Then looking from inside to the outside. CH=CONFIG]86601[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Corndog Hater
Really nice looking rig Gene. Sorry the Deere didn't work out, but hey, it is what it is. The rear seat arrangement is what I like. It doesn't look like it makes for such a long wheelbase machine as the Deere 馃徏

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry for the mixup on the last few photos ,, tried to edit and told me I wasn't allowed to do so.. OH WELL.

ColonyPark Thanks ,,, yea the few things that have sold me when , the sales person took me down in a ditch ,backed up and then went up the other side, went out across the top of ditch , back down in the ditch again came up out the ditch , back across in an out of ditch .. All IN 2WD....

The folding seats was one of the reasons for changing, yes it is shorter by 30" . The 3 speed transmission but the biggest reason having a water cooled engine instead of air cooled and being EFI and not having a carb.

Failed to mention you can see the new LED lights beside the windshield...

Corndog Hater
30" is a huge difference in length, especially when the 4 wheelers and side by sides seem to just keep getting bigger . I would say the 3spd over the CVT would be a biggie too. I know I am
underwhelmed by the CVT in my Subaru, although that may be a whole other ball of wax. Hope you and the family have fun with this Honda馃徏

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea when the building your parking the sxs in is only 12' and the machine is 12' just a slight angle off and overhead door Will NOT CLOSE...

This afternoon went for the 5-6 week haircut . The young lady that cuts my hair lives about 12 miles from here, was going to take the scooter for maybe the last ride of the year.. Nope took the Pioneer. Taking all the side roads and direct routes cut the trip to 8 miles each way, but I had fun, plus it took longer.:bigthumb:

Registered
ET
Time to update your profile from this:

Wife has a XUV 550 S4 Mid Duty Gator w/vented windshield and Hallcraft closure.

Corndog Hater
Nope took the Pioneer. Taking all the side roads and direct routes cut the trip to 8 miles each way, but I had fun, plus it took longer.:bigthumb:
Would love to be able to do something like that around here, but between police and complaining people, it's a no go

Bonehead Club Lackey
Very nice etcallhome. I'd love to have a side by side but that's not in the cards. Good luck with yours and have lots of fun. :bigthumb:

Premium Member
Would love to be able to do something like that around here, but between police and complaining people, it's a no go
There are a couple of Gator 825is that are licensed in my area. But I would not dare have my Kawasaki Mule on the public roads, just asking for a handful of tickets. Or worse if someone runs me down. The Mule tops out at about 25mph.

Premium Member
I'd like to pictures of it topless if you are so inclined.

Also what was the red plug you were talking about?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12
There are a couple of Gator 825is that are licensed in my area. But I would not dare have my Kawasaki Mule on the public roads, just asking for a handful of tickets. Or worse if someone runs me down. The Mule tops out at about 25mph.
Gator xuv 550S4 top speed 28 ,,on level if it seen a hill ,only guessing 5-8mph only had a hour meter.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'd like to pictures of it topless if you are so inclined.

Also what was the red plug you were talking about?
The middle SXS is like the one we got. guessing the front one on right is 700 2 seater. Recent Posts | The Honda Side by Side Club!

The new 1000cc is the one on the left

OK the red plug , come to find out if I would have used the red plug ( to get power for the LED lights) I would have need a adapter plug plus some other deal.. Never found it anyway , and didn't look hard.. The 12v cigarette socket wiring was right in front , easy to get to, plus it turns off when the key was turned off.

Registered
Ok decided to start a new thread instead of doing it under Good Morning.

Came home Monday afternoon and it was setting in the driveway. CH=CONFIG]86601[/ATTACH]
I wish I would come home one day and find something like that dropped off for me in my driveway. :bigthumb:

And Santa is not even scheduled for a few more weeks. What a lucky guy you are!

Registered
What's the top speed on the Honda SxS? Thinking about moving up to this from my Polaris RZR 570 but top speed will definitely be a consideration. The RZR is governor limited to 55mph.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
What's the top speed on the Honda SxS? Thinking about moving up to this from my Polaris RZR 570 but top speed will definitely be a consideration. The RZR is governor limited to 55mph.
The two seater and the 4 seater we have Pioneer 700 is limited to 43 mph.

Just found this info , the 1000 has a speed transmission and dual clutch
also here is more info.
Pioneer 1000 Engine Performance Numbers / Details:

2016 Pioneer 1000 Horsepower: 72 HP
Pioneer 1000 Top Speed: 67 MPH via Electronic Speed Limiter
2016 Pioneer 1000-5 Horsepower: 72 HP
Pioneer 1000-5 Top Speed: 67 MPH via Electronic Speed Limiter

Hope this helps.

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2016-honda-pioneer-1000-1000-5-review-specs-video-sxs-utv-side-by-side-atv-sxs1000/

Registered
Hi Gene, your grandson looks happy in the 550S4 :good2: You know the former HONDA advertising speech: Come out on a HONDA, come back on a Deere :laugh: (just kidding)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Gene, your grandson looks happy in the 550S4 :good2: You know the former HONDA advertising speech: Come out on a HONDA, come back on a Deere :laugh: (just kidding)
Oh he was proud as a peacock, his grandma had left him drive it most of the afternoon.

You even meet the nicest deer on a Honda. :lol::lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts