Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a one gallon glass jug, fill it about 3/4 gallon of cherries or grapes, two cups sugar and one liter

of Vodka. If there is any space left top off the jug with water.

Stir daily until all the sugar is dissolved. Put wax paper over the jar opening, and loosely tighten the lid.

After all the sugar is dissolved, place the jar in a cool dark place until Thanksgiving.

Strain the jar contents through cheesecloth, bottle and imbibe.

This assumes that the cherries (or other fruit) is obtained in season...the hooch will mellow for 4 to 6 months. It is a delightful drink to sip, but it's kinda like Brylcream; a little dab'll do ya!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I may have to try this one too! I nearly always have vodka in the house! I just hope it doesn't affect me like the MD! :lol:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Aren't you supposed to use mashed corn instead of vodka, and add some brewers yeast? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aren't you supposed to use mashed corn instead of vodka, and add some brewers yeast? :laugh:
Different recipe. Using my recipe, you can put the container in the bottom of the pantry or cabinet, or even in the garage, but you add corn and yeast, and you have to move it down by the creek!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts