what are opinion on top hooks quick hitches
fix as on John Deere
Or some movement as on the Worksaver

Or multiple as on the Priefert

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
I vote fixed, I would rather modify the implement once to fit properly than have to adjust the hook all the time. Of course since I have the tools/equipment to do the modifications it makes my decision a little easier.

I added a poll to the thread also.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick hitchs

I vote fixed, I would rather modify the implement once to fit properly than have to adjust the hook all the time. Of course since I have the tools/equipment to do the modifications it makes my decision a little easier.

I added a poll to the thread also.
Two quote's taken from tractor point.com

http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tra...name=John Deere Review&parentnum=79240&page=1

"I picked my Worksaver Quick hitch at the local Deere dealer. We compared Imatch and Worksaver (actually built by SpeeCo) side by side, QH-101 was heaver construction with more options, Adjustable top hook, top hook adapter bracket for the back-set you talked about on your chipper, and bushings. I had to cut the bushings and add a couple washers to fit the lower pins on my Rankin box blade, but no welding. I have more bushings on order for the rest of my implements. Best of all it cost less than the Imatch with more options. Definably worth considering and you get more bang for the buck."

"Less than 20% of MFG's make I-Match compatible implements. I-Match should be outlawed!! It's JD trying to make it so you the consumer will have to choose only the JD implements. There is 50 years of standard use for Cat 1- 3 point hitch having a 18-20" measurement from lower lift pins to the top link pin & JD wants to change the world to 15". They will fail"

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Until all or the majority of implement manufacturers adopt the ASAE quick hitch standard, an adjustable top hook is a reasonable compromise. Would I prefer not having to screw around with another thing to adjust? You bet I would; but that's in my delusional fantasy world. Although I can tweak stuff to make it fit a quick-hitch; not everyone can.

Reactions: tackit

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
"Less than 20% of MFG's make I-Match compatible implements. I-Match should be outlawed!! It's JD trying to make it so you the consumer will have to choose only the JD implements. There is 50 years of standard use for Cat 1- 3 point hitch having a 18-20" measurement from lower lift pins to the top link pin & JD wants to change the world to 15". They will fail"
This statement you found is hogwash...JD did not set the standard, the ASAE did. HERE are the the specs.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I bought the Deere iMatch. And not just because iLike stuff like iPhones and iPads...

I had the luxury of buying my implements "from scratch", so I could be choosy and only get implements that fit the standard. The only flaw in the scheme is I really doubt that when I tell the guy at TSC or Southern States "I can't buy this" because it's not ASAE standard that this information makes it back to the manufacturer.

I don't have a problem with an adjustable hook if you have lots of existing implements and are welding challenged like me. But there is no doubt in my mind what the "proper" destination is- ASAE compatible devices and a fixed hook. And there will always be devices like a post hole diggers and older attachments that won't work, and that's OK too. A quick hitch increases utility without limiting functionality (or in other words, you can always take it off).

In the grand scheme of things, this is like arguing about how you take your coffee. (which of course is not really an argument, after all who doesn't like sugar in their coffee?)

Pete

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Mine is adjustable due to price and availability. I can alter anything I have(in the process) and anything I am likely to get in the future. Like Pete said it can be removed.
Coffee with SUGAR????

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, this is like arguing about how you take your coffee. (which of course is not really an argument, after all who doesn't like sugar in their coffee?)

Pete
Without going to far off tangent...I drink my coffee black, my iced tea unsweetened, and my whiskey straight up. :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.