Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the JD dealer to order the fittings on the bottom of the hyd block ( where the power beyond hooks up) part #s M808055 and M809071. $28-$32 each. I thought the parts were outragous. So I held off on the order and went home and looked at the fittings again on the parts diagram. It looks like they're a swivel type, which explains the price. Does anyone know the thread size of these? I'm assuming they're metric. Thanks
Ronster

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
I went to the JD dealer to order the fittings on the bottom of the hyd block ( where the power beyond hooks up) part #s M808055 and M809071. $28-$32 each. I thought the parts were outragous. So I held off on the order and went home and looked at the fittings again on the parts diagram. It looks like they're a swivel type, which explains the price. Does anyone know the thread size of these? I'm assuming they're metric. Thanks
Ronster
I will check the sizes later...I think they are -06 ORB like I mentioned before. You only need to order the "plug" from JD.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kenny. I'm a little in the dark about all the various types of thread sizes. I'll try to study up on it the next few days while I'm away at work.
Ron

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
OK Ronster, I confirmed the ports in the block are -06 ORB, nothing special at all about them.

I would suggest that you use hose with JIC fittings on them since they are easier to connect, can be positioned any way, and require no sealant.

Here is the fittings you'll need:
2 of these, -06 ORB(also called SAE) to 3/8" JIC- part number 6801-06-06: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/JIC_37_x_O_Ring_Boss_90_p/6801.htm

And one of these, part number 6502-06-06: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/product_p/6502.htm

DHH has a great website to research fittings: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Steel_Fittings_Adapters_s/21.htm

And here is a great thread chart: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/category_s/55.htm

Clear as mud yet?:lol:

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Never ever assume anything about hydraulic fittings' thread types as there are so many out there: ORB - O-Ring Boss, ORFS - O-Ring Face Seal (Deere uses a lot of these, and I like them), NPT (evil), JIC, Komatsu has their own proprietary fittings, BSPP, BSPT, and I'm sure I've missed some. Kenny will let me know if I have.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Been too busy to do much on the 2520 til today. Here's a pic of what I've got so far. Ready to run the lines now.
Looks good so far, how easy would it be to cut that handle down some? It looks like it might get in the way sticking up that far?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the handle is about right for me. The rubber tip just pushes on, so I could cut an inch or so off the top if need be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Never ever assume anything about hydraulic fittings' thread types as there are so many out there: ORB - O-Ring Boss, ORFS - O-Ring Face Seal (Deere uses a lot of these, and I like them), NPT (evil), JIC, Komatsu has their own proprietary fittings, BSPP, BSPT, and I'm sure I've missed some. Kenny will let me know if I have.
JD's Power Beyond and 3rd SCV kits also use what I think are NPSM which are similar(?) to JIC except the fittings have the chamfer and the hose ends have the cone. The chamfer angle is different too, JIC 37 deg, NPSM 45 deg. NPSM is also supposed to fit NPT (very evil). If I am mistaken on this please correct me so I don't have to make extra trips to the Hydraulics supplier (20 miles one way).

It's all so confusing,
Matt :morning2:

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Welcome Matt:

My JD PB & 3rd, 4th & 5th SCV kits didn't use the type of fitting you described; but who knows what Deere is using in their current kits. Mine use mostly ORFS followed by ORB.

Confusing is a polite way to put it when it comes to hydraulic fittings.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
JD's Power Beyond and 3rd SCV kits also use what I think are NPSM which are similar(?) to JIC except the fittings have the chamfer and the hose ends have the cone. The chamfer angle is different too, JIC 37 deg, NPSM 45 deg. NPSM is also supposed to fit NPT (very evil). If I am mistaken on this please correct me so I don't have to make extra trips to the Hydraulics supplier (20 miles one way).

It's all so confusing,
Matt :morning2:
I am not so sure about that...here is the chart I use often from DHH: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/category_s/55.htm

I even bought the wall charts they sell-pretty cool stuff.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Kenny,

I have been to DiscountHydraulics. It was my first intro to the myriad types of fittings.

I am not sure what you are not sure about. Could you clarify?

Matt
I meant that I was not sure JD had/used those fittings you mentioned. Where are they and how do you know? The ports on the block are -06 ORB's, and that's all Ron needs because he is making his own "PB kit" to feed his new valve.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I meant that I was not sure JD had/used those fittings you mentioned. Where are they and how do you know? The ports on the block are -06 ORB's, and that's all Ron needs because he is making his own "PB kit" to feed his new valve.
Kenny,

I am not sure JD has used these type of fittings, but it is the closest I could find that looks similar. I have added some pictures to show you JD's PB and 3rd SCV hardware.

The picture of the 45 deg fitting, which is part of the PB kit, threads into the top coupling via the ORB end. The other end connects to the hose that normally connects to the Auxiliary plate. When installing the 3rd SCV, the 45 degree fitting is not used and instead one of the valve ports is hard piped into the top coupling as seen in the picture.

The bottom bulkhead fitting which I think JD had manufactured, costs $105 dollars through JD Parts, has ORFS on the implement side and the internal chamfer, like the 45 degree fitting, on the tractor side which also normally is hose connected to the auxiliary plate with the PB kit. And again is hard piped to a port on the valve when using the 3rd SCV kit.

I couldn't get a decent picture of the PB hose ends, but they are the same on both ends. The 3rd SCV kit has longer hoses plumbed into the auxiliary plate and use the same type of hose ends as the PB kit hoses.

The 45 degree fitting shows the type of connection to the hoses. All I was able to find was the NPSM style connection. If it is not the NPSM style I hope you can identify it for me.

If this belongs in a new thread let me know.

Matt

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Interesting Matt...but again since Ron is not buying the "kit" all this info will just confuse him. I have the parts from my PB kit that I did not use (I was not smart enough at the time to do what Ron is doing, so I bought the whole kit and basically only used the $2 plug for in the block) and will verify.

BUT: that is the first factory JD 3rd kit I have seen installed, I would like to see more pics and figure out how it's plumbed, the pic in JD parts shows all the hoses connecting to itself! ( a new thread would be great please)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks

I am sure am glad you guys post all this infomation. I want to put a log splitter and possibly a hydraulic chainsaw on my 2520
before next summer. Reading this thread was helpfull :thumbup1gif:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts