Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by the JD dealer when I ordered my new x720 that it would be delivered on May 22th, which is today. I assume that it will take at least a day for prep, so hopefully I can come to pick it up tomorrow. Problem is, I don't have any free time until Friday night to really try it out. Oh, well, it is suppose to rain until Friday. Ring......Ring...... Oh that must be the JD dealer calling now!:bye2:

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
The wait takes forever doesn't it? Hang in there. It'll be worth it.:yahoo:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, no call yesterday but there is a better chance today. I hear all the guys on the forums telling about thier JD's and I can't wait to experience the thrill of mowing my lawn this holiday weekend with my new tractor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did call yesterday and the saleman told me that it was invoiced so that means that it has been shipped. He is expecting it to arrive either yesterday afternoon or today and told me that I would have it by the weekend. To be honest, I couldn't use it until this weekend because I am busy until then. In fact, I am probably better off if I don't get it until tomorrow because I will want to stay up all night playing with it. Kind of like the kids the night before Christmas. Besides, half the fun is the expectation of it arriving. I have been going over in my mind what to check for and ask the dealer about when I go pick it up. Check the oil level, transaxle level, check for the mower height gauge, and get my free JD hat (and a pink one for the wife). Did I forget anything?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heard from the JD dealer yesterday afternoon. My tractor was shipped on Wednesday but they don't know where it is....it's lost! They offered me a loner but it is more trouble than it is worth and besides my wife might like the x300 loner and ask why I need the x720. I am not taking the chance! Spend the day mowing with the walk behind and did a neighbor whose having health problems and the lawn was overgrown. I figure that I will enjoy my new tractor even more when it comes.
I was thinking of canceling the order at noon on Friday, but the dealer, I believe, was as fustrated as I was and I believe that it can't stay losted for very long. The truck driver wanted to be home with his family over the holiday. Do you think that I can ask for an extra hat?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's coming from JD in Wisconsin but I am sure they put many different JD dealer stops on his way to Delmarva. It's getting hot here and I don't want to hand mow the yard again.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Any word today? Updates?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealer called this morning and told me that they found the truck and my tractor will be delivered tomorrow to the JD dealership. I am figuring that they will take most of the day to put it together and to check everything. I don't want to rush the checking process and besides I can't play with it until Friday night anyway. I assume that they would like me to take possession of the tractor before the 1st of June (Friday) so that they can book the sale into May's numbers, at least that is how it worked at Dell. My best guess is that I will pick it up on Thursday. Coat of wax on it Friday night, and test it out on the weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got the call that we all look forward to... the one that starts out.... this is your JD dealer and we have great news. My new x720 is ready for pickup but it is raining hard here so I decided to wait to pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait to see it setting in the carriage house. Put a coat of wax on her and read up a little and then put her to work. I will send pictures.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Great news!!!

be sure and see if they'll give you something for the trouble they put you thru.....xtra cap or something

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great news!!!

be sure and see if they'll give you something for the trouble they put you thru.....xtra cap or something
Try for a oil filter and oil. If the X720 is like the X540, the first engine oil change is at 8 hours.:unknown: Enjoy your new ride.:drinks:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts