Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2520 in the 1st week of June- The dealer told me it would be delivered last week in July -- well that has gone by- then told it would be the first week in Aug. that date is gone by also. Now told it will at the dealers on the 11th of aug. So I am hoping it come home on Friday after the dealer prep! i am not holding my breath ---- It has been a long wait --- I wish I could check the shipping status and not depend upon the dealer...

Paul

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hang in there. Having just bought my first tractor (2520) I can tell you that the wait is worth it. I bought mine in June and was lucky enough to have bought from a dealer who had on in stock.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know your pain, I ordered my 2520 back in April and the date constantly kept getting pushed ahead until finally mid July it came. I think they underestimated how many units they would sell when they put the incentives on them in the spring. I don't know how much truth there is to this but my dealer told me that the tractor comes as a kit out of Japan and then final assembly and testing is done in the States, they were being told that the Tsunami in Japan was playing a part on the delivery times.

T-Klash

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I know your pain, I ordered my 2520 back in April and the date constantly kept getting pushed ahead until finally mid July it came. I think they underestimated how many units they would sell when they put the incentives on them in the spring. I don't know how much truth there is to this but my dealer told me that the tractor comes as a kit out of Japan and then final assembly and testing is done in the States, they were being told that the Tsunami in Japan was playing a part on the delivery times.

T-Klash
Not only that, but anybody thinking of buying signed for one when the deal came out. Deere was overloaded in orders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also know your pain! I ordered a 2520 on May 27th. I was told it would be here in two to three weeks. that came and gone no word called dealer salesman told me August 18th. I sure hope it is here the 18th.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
That is GREAT news.:yahoo: Now go out and wear those stickers off of those tires. :good2:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Someone is ready to have a great time...

:thumbup1gif: on the new tractor!!! Thanks for the pix!

Pete

·
Administrator
17,513 Posts
Congrats:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The deere has a solid half a length lead on the puppy dog in the first picture. Nothing runs like a Deere is true! lol

congrats!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congratulations! :good2: Mine is supposed to be in next week...:yahoo:

·
Registered
919 Posts
gallianp...

Congrats! Have fun with her this weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QUESTION: you can see from the photo the type, model of Rotary mower that I have -- I think all is connected fine.. spline in and sound. BUT when I first engage the mower a loud bang then almost instantly everything is fine - sounds real smooth and no vibration or any indication that is out of normal..

Is the bang expected ? maybe a loud pop not a bang -- scared the hoot out of me the first time.

If this is posted in the wrong place then please move it for me.....

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,513 Posts
Probably just the blades getting thrown out straight, I would not worry about it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,655 Posts
The deere has a solid half a length lead on the puppy dog in the first picture. Nothing runs like a Deere is true! lol

congrats!!!
Yeah and it looks like the tractor is sittin still :lol:!
Congrats. Keep us posted as to the likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
771 Posts
QUESTION: you can see from the photo the type, model of Rotary mower that I have -- I think all is connected fine.. spline in and sound. BUT when I first engage the mower a loud bang then almost instantly everything is fine - sounds real smooth and no vibration or any indication that is out of normal..

Is the bang expected ? maybe a loud pop not a bang -- scared the hoot out of me the first time.

If this is posted in the wrong place then please move it for me.....
I also have the machine in idle when I hit the pto, then I gradually raise the rpm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts