Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem can mostly be solved by loosening the filter so it can be rotated by hand then drill a hole in its butt end at 12 O'clock. Rotate the filter until the hole is at 6 O'clock so it drains into the makeshift funnel you made and the oil enters the container of your choice.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
That's fine for removing, but what about installing new filter after pre-filling 2/3 full of oil! Bob

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oil remains on the bearings and it isn't detrimental for the engine to run a few revolutions until the filter fills.
If it's a concern, remove the plugs so there is 0.0 compression pressure on the bearings and crank a few revolutions to fill the filter.

I had a new ford pickup truck that had a bearing knock every time it was started until the oil pres. light went out. Ford said that's normal.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,209 Posts
If it's a concern, remove the plugs so there is 0.0 compression pressure on the bearings and crank a few revolutions to fill the filter.
That doesn't work on a diesel engine.

·
Premium Member
17,246 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,790 Posts
I had a new ford pickup truck that had a bearing knock every time it was started until the oil pres. light went out. Ford said that's normal.
I doubt it's a bearing knock. It's most likely a valve train issue, lifter, push rod, rocker arm.
A bearing knock is not a good thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.