Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
What a great idea,, my luck my drone (the same size as the mavic pro) would hit the soffit and be destroyed... good pilot to do this! Look at those buggers try to sting the drone! I Love it,, to bad no drone footage from the front camera!
Would have never thought of this... I use the spray to kill them on the spot from our telephone company not that junk from Home dump. Utility companies have the best stuff don't they! All you need is a friend.. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Man...Just wait till the democrats hear about all this killing of those poor innocent creatures. Chemical warfare, canon fire, flame throwers. What Next...the MOAB (mother of all bombs). The Green freaks are going to have a field day with this one.

:lolol:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Shop-vac...

Last summer the electricians working in our shed found a football-sized nest, and left for the day.

I put on some special gear and sprayed it with wasp/hornet killer. The can said 17 feet spray, which just barely reached it when standing in my pick-up bed.
Then I sucked whatever came out into a shop-vac partially filled with water and dish soap. And sucked down the nest as well.

in the end there were almost no live ones left to vacuum up (or down).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I wonder if it would work with a bit of styrofoam in the fuel.
I would think that something like diesel fuel with an additive to make it jellatenous (Make it jelly like. my spelling may be wrong). Don't ask me how you do that. I'm not a chemist. And they worry about assault type rifles...:dunno:

What were we trying to do here? I've forgotten.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
I would think that something like diesel fuel with an additive to make it jellatenous (Make it jelly like. my spelling may be wrong). Don't ask me how you do that. I'm not a chemist. And they worry about assault type rifles...:dunno:

Trying to make Napalm :spy: Which smells awesome in the morning!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts

Styrofoam, or soap flakes in gas or diesel is homebrew napalm.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Styrofoam, or soap flakes in gas or diesel is homebrew napalm.
Me and a buddy have always wanted to try that. Never heard of the soap flakes.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I inspected the hive today from a distance. The little buggers positioned the entrance hole at a 45* angle TOWARD the center of the tree. This will make foaming spray from a distance difficult.

Now I'm waiting until an evening where mama doesn't work and I don't work the following day. Then, out comes the torch!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
My Grandfather had a junkyard for many years, and those always attract a bunch of bumblebees/wasps. He always kept a mixture of diesel fuel and motor oil in a pump up garden sprayer, worked great and I still use the same thing. Lot cheaper than the spray cans and works about as quick.

Check out this link, it's not for the squeamish. This guy calmly rips the nest out, I'd want ALL those little a holes to die. If you load the video on the youtube page, some of the comments are hilarious.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My Grandfather had a junkyard for many years, and those always attract a bunch of bumblebees/wasps. He always kept a mixture of diesel fuel and motor oil in a pump up garden sprayer, worked great and I still use the same thing. Lot cheaper than the spray cans and works about as quick.

Check out this link, it's not for the squeamish. This guy calmly rips the nest out, I'd want ALL those little a holes to die. If you load the video on the youtube page, some of the comments are hilarious.
Let's hear more about this diesel & motor oil mix and how it's used...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It’s a great fire starter. You can skip paper. It lights easy and stays burning long enough.
And don’t make HUGE flames like gas

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
With the news going in the background I remembered learning that in school. I can’t help but think how many similar lessons would make the news now and probably lead to arrests.
You mean like acetylene in a garbage bag, let go then ignited! I had a science teacher in high school who took us out to the football field by the vocational division and did this exact learning lesson! BOOM, and you could hear it in the next town over I'm sure!.. And he didnt get in any trouble at all, but that was back in the 60's, when you could easily get a gross of M-80's, today he would be fired, investigated by homeland security and sent to prison. You could also being your shotgun to school and show your new toy to the principle and have a nice talk about the deer you got. Ah the old days.
All this talk about bees nests makes me want to go looking for one just to destroy it.. Shhhh, don't tell a Lib...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You mean like acetylene in a garbage bag, let go then ignited! I had a science teacher in high school who took us out to the football field by the vocational division and did this exact learning lesson! BOOM, and you could hear it in the next town over I'm sure!.. And he didnt get in any trouble at all, but that was back in the 60's, when you could easily get a gross of M-80's, today he would be fired, investigated by homeland security and sent to prison. You could also being your shotgun to school and show your new toy to the principle and have a nice talk about the deer you got. Ah the old days.
All this talk about bees nests makes me want to go looking for one just to destroy it.. Shhhh, don't tell a Lib...
Agrred! If I lived next door I’d be over there right now. I’d probably go the shotgun route. Spray nest really good. Shoot with shotgun. Keep spraying with can and video it. That don’t seem the smartest way but I know I’d have a good video!

I didn’t live in the bring a gun to school days but it was still wayyy better than now. Now I’m sure you Will get in trouble for a plastic gun.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts