Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m so excited. I’ve drawn and redrawn this barn a hundred times. When we were ready to start, some serious work conflicts forced me to delay for another two months to allow me time to get that mess under control. Check. Now, it’s time! Posts are in the ground today. A few before pics are here for you to get the lay of the land, too. :yahoo::drinks::gizmo::dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's going to be nice. What are the overall dimensions?

Treefarmer
I sure hope so. This is a 36’ x 60’ footprint. While it is a shed row barn, I designed it to look like more like a center aisle barn from the side facing the driveway. Down the middle there is a 12 x 9 wash and groom bay, a 12 x 15 feed room, and then 3 - 12 x 12stalls. To the left of that, there is a 12’ x 60’ covered overhang for the trailer and for the back Dutch door stall openings. To the right is a 12’ x 60’ breezeway. Breezeway, feed and wash/groom will be concrete with a heavy broom finish. Stalls will be packed and leveled gravel, screenings, dirt with stall mats on top.

Once the builder is complete with the main structure, Hubster and I will add our own swank. We’ve special ordered the end doors and stalls from Rockin J Equine and will install those. Then, we’ll clad the breezeway and front patio posts in cedar and stain the entire structure. Pennsylvania bluestone is waiting to set into the patio along with a special light fixture that Jim Timber is fabricating for us. We are also handling the electrical and minor plumbing ourselves. (Think good thoughts on that part.)

Should be fun!

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
I'm in. :munch:
Love these build projects, I seem to always learn something. :thumbup1gif:
:dunno:gizmo2--how far are u willing to ride ur non-windshield gator to view this build or over see it for stablenickers?:munch:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
:dunno:gizmo2--how far are u willing to ride ur non-windshield gator to view this build or over see it for stablenickers?:munch:
I'm gonna help from here. :hide: :lol:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Stablenickers:

Where did your Pennsylvania Bluestone come from? Before natural gas, bluestone was one of the largest industries in this part of the state.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
I'll be watching too.:munch:

I may be doing a build thread sometime next year.

Stablenickers, did you get any kind of design drawing prior to the build?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaha We’ve got one of those too. I like it that way but I’m bettin Hubster is about to put an end to my freewheeling fun.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pics from Wed am. Framing is coming along.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Progress

Whew! Got my 8/12 pitch roof.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have a beautiful piece of property! I can't wait to see how this comes out!!

Also happy to hear that you got "work things" straightened out! Ain't self-employment great? :flag_of_truce::laugh:
Thank you and thank you again. Self-employment is a joy...99.8% of the time. The other 0.2% is a beast!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stablenickers:

Where did your Pennsylvania Bluestone come from? Before natural gas, bluestone was one of the largest industries in this part of the state.
Pennsylvania! :yahoo: We brought it to NC all the way from my grandparent's farm which is no longer in the family. I spent a good number of years growing up on that farm though so I was determined to bring some history with me. Beautiful varigated color in this stone. I hope it will look good on the patio. Was originally planning to set the stones in a walkway with moss growing between. This is a change of plan. Hopefully my concrete guys don't give me a dirty look. I already threw them a loop when I curved the edge of the patio.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll be watching too.:munch:

I may be doing a build thread sometime next year.

Stablenickers, did you get any kind of design drawing prior to the build?
Just my constant sketches and doodles. I gave my builder an entire sketchbook that I used to come up with the drawing to show him the inspiration as well as details that we do and don't like. I drew the final plan out to scale but I'm definitely not a draftsman. He handled the engineering/structural details from my drawing.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts