Green Tractor Talk banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody used these yet? I’ve had issues hooking my grapple up before…and it could be if this reason…unknown. My question then is: what size fittings do the 4 series use? My guess is 3/8”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
x_posts
I saw a bit of this on GWT the other day...not sure yet what I think of it as there are other ways of dealing with pressure buildup.

4-series uses 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style w/poppet

Reactions: tankerpilot01

·
Premium Member
x_posts
At $47.?? for 1 ,,and they show 1 on the end of every hose,, I'm with Kenny other ways to deal with pressure buildup..

For me , and I'm cheap , wrap a rag around the fitting, press the tip of the fitting against something hard.

Pressure released , admit mine is series 1 , not close to the pressure of a 2 or 4 series or larger tractor.
If I was connecting FEL , BH or other attachments every day and having issues , I would buy one of the tools like Bolt on Hooks offers. Yes the way I release the pressure is not the safest or maybe the easiest your everyone. Maybe a year from now I will need to buy a tool to release the pressure.
No matter what you choose , be careful, because you can be hurt by hyd pressure buildup.

Reactions: kylew and Kennyd

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a bit of this on GWT the other day...not sure yet what I think of it as there are other ways of dealing with pressure buildup.

4-series uses 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style w/poppet
That’s where I saw them as well. Interesting concept.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #5
At $47.?? for 1 ,,and they show 1 on the end of every hose,, I'm with Kenny other ways to deal with pressure buildup..

For me , and I'm cheap , wrap a rag around the fitting, press the tip of the fitting against something hard.

Pressure released , admit mine is series 1 , not close to the pressure of a 2 or 4 series or larger tractor.
If I was connecting FEL , BH or other attachments every day and having issues , I would buy one of the tools like Bolt on Hooks offers. Yes the way I release the pressure is not the safest or maybe the easiest your everyone. Maybe a year from now I will need to buy a tool to release the pressure.
No matter what you choose , be careful, because you can be hurt by hyd pressure buildup.
I didn’t realize Kenny had something to combat this issue….like I said I’ve fought my grapple and lost before.

So I’d need this version correct? That’s exactly what Kenny said above for my 4 series.

Joined the waitlist for when it comes back in stock.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
x_posts

·
Administrator
x_posts
So I’d need this version correct? That’s exactly what Kenny said above for my 4 series.
You can use the 4 documents linked at the top of the page to verify what you have too.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can use the 4 documents linked at the top of the page to verify what you have too.
I didn't notice and it took me a bit to realize "above" meant to click "hydraulic tools". Not all that obvious; to me anyway....and I'm a computer nerd 😀 I'd just make "downloadable documents" in the description a hyper link direct to that page....like one line of code so very easy.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #9
The size chart should come in handy! I really more accurately need to know what's on the AV20E grapple and 485A backhoe...my hunch without measuring yet is the backhoe would have the 1/2"...but I think from reading/seeing videos the 3rd function up front on the FEL and therefore the grapple are typically smaller....I haven't had the backhoe back on...but from reading I could have issues connecting it as well...so I probably need two different sizes for the grapple and backhoe. I'll see how it compares to the size chart to confirm or deny my theories...lol

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Administrator
x_posts
I didn't notice and it took me a bit to realize "above" meant to click "hydraulic tools". Not all that obvious; to me anyway....and I'm a computer nerd 😀 I'd just make "downloadable documents" in the description a hyper link direct to that page....like one line of code so very easy.

LOL. No matter what I do it will get missed. Just like the FAQ page, I still get multiple emails everyday answering questions detailed there.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL. No matter what I do it will get missed. Just like the FAQ page, I still get multiple emails everyday answering questions detailed there.
Agreed. So the more paths/routes to those highly missed pages only helps....and best yet; doesn't cost anything! I thought initially I didn't see links named something that sounded like source docs was because I was on my phone....so I got on the computer and I didn't see anything....that's when I stumbled across said docs under "hydraulic tools"....

Even this would help:
"use charts and downloadable documents above (click on "hydraulic tools") to help select the size(s) needed for your machine."

At any rate...was only trying to help. Just seemed like a strange way to reference a link....

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #12
The size chart should come in handy! I really more accurately need to know what's on the AV20E grapple and 485A backhoe...my hunch without measuring yet is the backhoe would have the 1/2"...but I think from reading/seeing videos the 3rd function up front on the FEL and therefore the grapple are typically smaller....I haven't had the backhoe back on...but from reading I could have issues connecting it as well...so I probably need two different sizes for the grapple and backhoe. I'll see how it compares to the size chart to confirm or deny my theories...lol

So not as straight forward as I thought...lol.

Coupler on the backhoe:

Coupler on the grapple:

I anticipated finding the AG series...but these above look more like the "600 series"....assuming the chart below follows the same sizing convention it appears backhoe is 1/2" and grapple is 3/8". The two respective couplers looked to match up to the two pictured below:

So which 3/8" tool? The "B" or "AG"? It's not flat face so that's the two options I see....

For the 1/2": will the AG version work on what appears to NOT be the AG coupler? Or am I SOL to have a tool to decompress the backhoe coupler (if required)?

·
Administrator
x_posts
Agreed. So the more paths/routes to those highly missed pages only helps....and best yet; doesn't cost anything! I thought initially I didn't see links named something that sounded like source docs was because I was on my phone....so I got on the computer and I didn't see anything....that's when I stumbled across said docs under "hydraulic tools"....

Even this would help:
"use charts and downloadable documents above (click on "hydraulic tools") to help select the size(s) needed for your machine."

At any rate...was only trying to help. Just seemed like a strange way to reference a link....
I very much appreciate the feedback, and would like to continue it via PM's or direct emails please. A screenshot of where you expected to see a link would be helpful too.

The charts and documents are at the top of two pages ( Hydraulic Tools and Hydraulic Parts) on the website, right under the bolded red text mentioning them.

Reactions: tankerpilot01

·
Administrator
x_posts
So not as straight forward as I thought...lol.

Coupler on the backhoe:

Coupler on the grapple:

I anticipated finding the AG series...but these above look more like the "600 series"....assuming the chart below follows the same sizing convention it appears backhoe is 1/2" and grapple is 3/8". The two respective couplers looked to match up to the two pictured below:

So which 3/8" tool? The "B" or "AG"? It's not flat face so that's the two options I see....

For the 1/2": will the AG version work on what appears to NOT be the AG coupler? Or am I SOL to have a tool to decompress the backhoe coupler (if required)?
The backhoe is 1/2" ISO 5675 AG style w/poppet, that I am 100% certain.

The 3rd function on the loader (if it's OEM) should be 1/4" ISO 5675 AG style w/poppet, JD has not used 3/8" couplers in many years. When looking at the picture you posted, ignore the ball tip on the AG 4000 series drawing series they can have either the ball or poppet.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #15
The backhoe is 1/2" ISO 5675 AG style w/poppet, that I am 100% certain.

The 3rd function on the loader (if it's OEM) should be 1/4" ISO 5675 AG style w/poppet, JD has not used 3/8" couplers in many years. When looking at the picture you posted, ignore the ball tip on the AG 4000 series drawing series they can have either the ball or poppet.
Ahhh ok. I was focused on the ball and thought oh those must not be what I have lol.

Yes the 3rd function was done by JD dealer. Once done with getting kids to bed I’ll order what I can (I think one of those was backordered…..but I’ll confirm in a while.

Thanks!

x_y_of_z_posts