Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to protect the hydraulic hoses from chafing? They're on a 4 in 1 bucket and it's the hoses that open and close the bucket.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Tie them down

What's the best way to protect the hydraulic hoses from chafing? They're on a 4 in 1 bucket and it's the hoses that open and close the bucket.

Thank you in advance.
The obvious answer is to anchor them so they don't move but that's not always possible. On my grapple, I tie the hoses to the timing rod on the loader and then on the grapple frame on top with slack in between so the hose can flex as I tilt the grapple. It also has Kenny's sleeve around it.

For more heavy duty uses you will sometimes see a wire coil around a hose but the basic idea is to limit movement, pad or protect or both.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi Catfishin
I have had a 1025R with a 4 in 1 bucket since late 2014 I have nearly 600 hrs on it. As you can see from the pictures below the lines are pretty well unprotected. The only line to be damaged was one of the lines from the third action valve to the bucket, it was damaged because it was too long and got caught up in the scissor action of the dump and curl linkages. I replaced both lined with shorter ones and have had no more trouble.
I have done a lot of loader and using the 4 in 1 grab work and have not had a problems:good2:
Regards John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,709 Posts

Thank you in advance.
You can get some Dura-Wrap sleeving from KBOGH and attach it to your hoses. It comes in different sizes depending on the size of your hoses. It is sold by the foot and secures with a Velcro flap so you don't have to undo any hoses to install it. I use it on my loader and rear blade hoses.

Click the link below and then scroll to the bottom.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulics>>

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Garden hose?

I was wondering if I could split a piece of garden hose and put over them?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I was wondering if I could split a piece of garden hose and put over them?
Go for it. If you need a quick fix or just don’t want to spend any money, any old hose will do. Just make sure it can stand the heat of the hydro. Of course there’s applications for this exact thing, but in a pinch, wrap it with a hose, and zip tie that bastard. Just make sure you don’t impede its movement or tie it too tight. Use a green hose, and it’ll look legit :hide:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!

I just ordered some Dura Wrap from Kenny. I'm sure I will love it just as much as everything else I've gotten from him!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts