Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 12+ years, go figure :dunno:...

A 2" coupling cracked on the main jet pump.

Hot Tub (2).jpg _ Hot Tub (3).jpg

With all the piping glued. I thought this was going to be a real big PITA job. :banghead:
My dealer had a split nut coupling, IN STOCK. :thumbup1gif:

Hot Tub (5).JPG

I used the oscillating tool to cut the cracked coupling off and on went the split nut coupling. :thumbup1gif:
I had to drain the tub to do the fix.

Hot Tub (6).jpg

Life is good, sometimes. :lol:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
You were pretty fortunate to come across the split coupling before you started cutting pipe. Who knew such a thing exists? Not me.
I'll be all set if I ever have a hot-tub with a cracked coupling. Nope. That's never going to happen. Not ever.

Life is good! :good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were pretty fortunate to come across the split coupling before you started cutting pipe. Who knew such a thing exists? Not me.
I'll be all set if I ever have a hot-tub with a cracked coupling. Nope. That's never going to happen. Not ever.

Life is good! :good2:
Well, I wanted to look smart but I'll come clean. I didn't know the couplings existed either. :lol: I spent a little time with Google.

Didn't you say that about having a pool? :munch: :lol:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
That coupling looks like the cats meow for what you were doing.

Never seen one before either.

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
Didn't you say that about having a pool? :munch: :lol:
Maybe... :hide:
What he says doesn't matter. It depends on what his bride says that matters. :lol:

I rented a house with a pool - once. I said never again.

Never has made it this far.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That coupling looks like the cats meow for what you were doing.

Never seen one before either.
Well that makes three of us if we want to include OxPath, cause he doesn't know a whole lot. :lolol:
The split coupling was the main point of making the post, cause we know nobody cares about the leak.

·
Corndog Hater
11,278 Posts
Good Job!:bigthumb: I actually think I may have one of those couplings laying on a shelf in the barn with some other random parts from our old tub.

I guess If I don't know if I actually have it, maybe I have too much sh!!:lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Dang, I thought it was a post about the hot tub being junk. I thought good no more weird pics of Gizmo in the hot tub. Just ain't my lucky day I guess.:lol:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
When I seen the Hot tub lea, I thought NO not a major expense. Glad to hear all is repaired and wasn't that big of a job, well from what you posted.

I had no idea of the split coupling.

Wondering before putting the two sides together do you add any glue or just press them together. Either way :bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
So, the hot tub is fixed?! I'm one of those guys that hasn't seen a split nut either. Regular nuts, different size nuts, weird nuts, but never a split nut that was made to be that way. Also seen a pic of some kind of nut sitting in a hot tub wearing a funny fur hat. :munch: :hide: :laugh:

BTW, what did you do with all the water???? Add it to the rain?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I seen the Hot tub lea, I thought NO not a major expense. Glad to hear all is repaired and wasn't that big of a job, well from what you posted.
I had no idea of the split coupling.
Wondering before putting the two sides together do you add any glue or just press them together.
Put each half on the pipe, installed the screws, screw the coupling down, done.

BTW, what did you do with all the water???? Add it to the rain?
All 335 gallons went down the house footing drains.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I never saw one of them either. Of course, I don't have either a hot tub or a pool either.

I wonder how long those split coupler nuts last?????:banghead:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never saw one of them either. Of course, I don't have either a hot tub or a pool either.

What the hell is wrong with you. I WAS feeling pretty good about the repair. :lolol:

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
What the hell is wrong with you. I WAS feeling pretty good about the repair. :lolol:
I could tell.:laugh:

My wife wants to know if you got an extra?

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Split nuts, what a great innovation, never heard of them either. But they make sense as I discovered split exhaust flanges that I used to repair the outlet on my rusted catalytic converter. They are handy if you don't weld well under a car (like me).

OK sorry of the derail, back to topic.

·
Registered
11,768 Posts
:dunno:i was really worried that i would never get to get in ole giz's hot tub some day:empathy::lol:

:munch:probably till the day i would jump in it:lolol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,427 Posts
I could tell.:laugh:

My wife wants to know if you got an extra?
From what I hear, he should have got a dozen or so..................................:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
What he says doesn't matter. It depends on what his bride says that matters. :lol:
Spoken like a married man! :thumbup1gif:

Well that makes three of us if we want to include OxPath, cause he doesn't know a whole lot.
I know just enough to not own a hot tub!

The split coupling was the main point of making the post, cause we know nobody cares about the leak.
Nobody cares about the coupling either ... or any of your posts for that matter.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts