37,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
Ya see that OxPath, just when you think our good work here goes unrewarded, we get the desired results! :thumbup1gif: :lol:
At least there wasn't any split nuts showing.....:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I wonder how long those split coupler nuts last?????:banghead:
It used to be that when I finished a repair (or even created something new), I wondered how long it would last. That went on for a lot of years. Then you hit sort of an ambiguous age where you get done and think "dang, that'll likely outlive me!" or "that'll last longer than I'll likely live here anyway" or "the next time that breaks I'll likely be paying someone else to fix it". Much less to worry about. Life is good.

Keane

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It used to be that when I finished a repair (or even created something new), I wondered how long it would last. That went on for a lot of years. Then you hit sort of an ambiguous age where you get done and think "dang, that'll likely outlive me!" or "that'll last longer than I'll likely live here anyway" or "the next time that breaks I'll likely be paying someone else to fix it". Much less to worry about. Life is good.

Keane
The beauty of getting older. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
The beauty of getting older. :thumbup1gif:
Just did a check,,,,,,,No Leaks. I'm just too much. :munch:
Have you looked in a mirror lately? There ain't no beauty there, buddy. Unless I have a faulty mirror, all I see is an old fart.:banghead:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Have you looked in a mirror lately? There ain't no beauty there, buddy. Unless I have a faulty mirror, all I see is an old fart.:banghead:
No. Are you Nuts? :lol:

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Just did a check,,,,,,,No Leaks. I'm just too much. :munch:
You might want to check it again after you refill it with water.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
:lolol::lolol:
WAIT A MINUTE, I see what you did there. :lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,263 Posts
:lolol::lolol:
WAIT A MINUTE, I see what you did there. :lol:
You can pour water on the split nut and see if it leaks into the tub... right???? Wouldn't that be the same as putting water into the tub to see if it leaks outside??? That way you don't waste 335 gallons of water again. :dunno: :laugh:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Maybe it's the warm water that is causing you to leak? Maybe try an adult diaper? :hide:

:lol::lol::lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Maybe it's the warm water that is causing you to leak? Maybe try an adult diaper? :hide:
:lol::lol::lol:
Maybe you should follow OxPath and Old Cajun. :munch: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
The one thing I do see here is some things never change! You Navy guys should know all about split nuts! :lol: I do hope you bought two of those, when you find out it will start to leak where the two halves go together and you strip out the threads trying to fix it! Sorry Giz... Did you put sealant on the two halves like the instructions say to do? You did get instructions with the product didn't you? :laugh:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts