Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2012 1023E and the hour meter started flashing It tracks the hours, but flashes what looks like a code or message rEFE or r6F6 basically it looks like r E without the horizontal line on top F and the E wo line on top again. I asked the jd service guys and they did not know.

The glow plug light has never worked on this tractor either...any ideas out there? It was stumbling at start up, but I replaced the fuel filters and it runs good now. Thanks!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I can not help with your question, but still wanted to say...

:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
14,751 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia just wondering do all the lights flash or work on the ROPS. Possible one of those is not working, check and see if the turn light switch(rocker switch on dash) got bumped and and maybe in a halfway position

:wgtt:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for about 15 seconds to reset everything. If it comes back.... (You didn't hear it from me). could just be an electrical fluke? But, if it comes back, might mean some sort of dealer issue. $$$

·
Registered
967 Posts
Mine does the same thing, but only when the PTO is engaged.
I only have 10.6 hrs. on my meter.
Yup! My 26R does that too... only when the PTO knob is engaged, motor running and the implement is not operating for some reason or another. Normal.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Hi all I have a 2012 1023E and the hour meter started flashing It tracks the hours, but flashes what looks like a code or message rEFE or r6F6 basically it looks like r E without the horizontal line on top F and the E wo line on top again. I asked the jd service guys and they did not know.

The glow plug light has never worked on this tractor either...any ideas out there? It was stumbling at start up, but I replaced the fuel filters and it runs good now. Thanks!

It sounds like you're describing rtFt, as a "t" is displayed in the LCD panel exactly as you state. However, I didn't find a rtFt code referenced in the technical manual. The codes that are referenced in the manual are all multiple word codes that are somewhat descriptive of the error.

The only (vaguely) similar codes shown are "RIGht Bulb Error" and PtO CoiL FAULt. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a right Fault and I'm just throwing this out there. (In other words, it's just me thinking out loud and I'm making a baseless statement to give you something to work with. Please don't give my words any credibility.) I suppose you could easily check your right hazard bulbs and quickly determine if there is any relation to your code. Otherwise, I've got nothing.

Maybe your dealer can help out if you describe the code as rtFt. :unknown:

·
Registered
45 Posts
It sounds like you're describing rtFt, as a "t" is displayed in the LCD panel exactly as you state. However, I didn't find a rtFt code referenced in the technical manual. The codes that are referenced in the manual are all multiple word codes that are somewhat descriptive of the error.:
I found a mention of rtFt (Right Turn FaulT) at 240-15-9 ("lighting circuit diagnosis 1023E").
Probably just an editing oversight that it didn't make the list of codes at 240-10-9.

If not normal: "Output is open circuit or shorted. Test bulb; check lamp
ground wires 010k and 010c Blk. Check 135b and 135c Grn wires."

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
I got nothing but... :wgtt: and I hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I found a mention of rtFt (Right Turn FaulT) at 240-15-9 ("lighting circuit diagnosis 1023E").
Probably just an editing oversight that it didn't make the list of codes at 240-10-9.

If not normal: "Output is open circuit or shorted. Test bulb; check lamp
ground wires 010k and 010c Blk. Check 135b and 135c Grn wires."

Good eyes! :read It didn't make the list at 240-10-26 either. I believe that Gene hit the nail on the head in post #4.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Welcome to GTT Fastshivy.

Just to throw it out there, some kind of Service Reminder?

·
Premium Member
14,751 Posts
Good eyes! :read It didn't make the list at 240-10-26 either. I believe that Gene hit the nail on the head in post #4.
I couldn't remember the codes , and I wasn't able to find the bookmark. Last summer I some type letter flashing in the hr meter and that's what my problem was, bulb looked perfect but it was defective.

Man I got something right this year :dance:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my right turn bulb is hanging off one of my help bashed it up on a bush. I never would have thought of this. I will try and get to it in a couple of days.
Thanks all I will respond back when fixed,
just crazy busy right now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fixed

Ok it was the right turn signal... did not look like a t in the code. Replaced bulb and just zipped tied light assembly to rops. $50 for new assembly and don't use it on the road. The grasshoppers don't care if I use a turn signal anyway! Thanks a good call and changed the little fuel filter and it runs great now :drinks:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts