1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
Eh - doesn’t really surprise me. At least they (Google) don’t have my location info with no cell phone.

There’s an inherent risk getting on line - I really don’t care what they store or know. It’s all about advertising (money) of which I am not swayed by - don’t see the ads anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,045 Posts
This seems to be mostly centered on those folks that put their whole life and minute by minute activities on Facebook via a mobile device.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can turn off the Google history location setting. Did that years ago so my 'timeline' is blank. The rest?? Yea... I'm screwed.

·
Registered
11,776 Posts
This seems to be mostly centered on those folks that put their whole life and minute by minute activities on Facebook via a mobile device.
yeah-i have to agree with u jgayman. we have no fancy phones here-so the only place they could track me i guess is by what i do on here, and where i search on here. i bet them fellas are tired of looking at all the wood splitting videos i've watched in the last 5 or 6 yrs:mocking:

wife does visit scary face some evenings-but that's rare for her to visit it 3 times in a week.

i'm like coaltrain-i got nuthing of value-so let em look:laugh:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Everything 'gps' on the phones is turned off. I don't use apple 'anything' because they don't let your turn tracking off. I use firefox as my browser and after I visit a site I return home and click 'shift-alt-delete'. Click on 'clear everything'. This removes everything including cookies and history. Poor facebook doesn't know how to target adds for me anymore:lol:. That along with ad blockers and another program which blocks any post or ad with certain words I don't get much crap on fb anymore. And I only use it because that's the method my astronomy club has chosen to communicate. Even with all that I know they find out what sites I visit because my antivirus software collects the info and sells it to them.:banghead::banghead::banghead: We need some privacy laws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts