Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1 series has a very good calendar.

Never a sign of trouble from the rockshaft until today it started falling at a fairly significant clip (I didn't do the test exactly as in the tech manual because I do not have a 500lb +- 30 LB weight to attach, mine are either heavier or way lighter but even with just me on a trailer mover it falls fairly fast)

Of course I just got the cab installed last month and the warranty expired on the 5th of May :lol:

Oh well it shouldn't cause me too much grief as my position dependent three point usage (tillage mostly) is done until fall.

Going to have to start figuring out how to remove that nice TekTite cab (and finish up the review post I was working on)

EDIT: I was wrong my land plane is 493 lbs... And the Box blade is 490 some... can't beat that for 500lbs +-30... Thought the box blade was lighter and the plane heavier I guess I should check before writing such nonsense :lol::unknown:
I'll try the "official" test later but am sure it will fail

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
"...and the warranty expired on the 5th of May"
Man, I feel that pain!:laugh: My extended warranty expired last month 3 weeks short of the auto-connect connectors did. There went the twelve hundred bucks and the free transportation to and from. I can't figure out how everything I own can break down at exactly the worst time... been that way for 70+ years...:unknown:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it perhaps just a failing friction washer (as per this sticky)?

Reactions: Levi and Tomfive

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it perhaps just a failing friction washer (as per this sticky)?
Unfortunately no.

I've dealt with that before. The lever is fine the positioning is good it just falls and when it falls foo far it raises itself. traditional failing rockshaft.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
...I didn't do the test exactly as in the tech manual because I do not have a 500lb +- 30 LB weight to attach...
I don't have a tech manual, but if the 500lb weight they refer to is attached to the end of the three point it will behave much differently than a 500lb box blade hanging a couple feet further aft. The 500lb box blade would be pulling the rockshaft down roughly twice as hard as a 500lb weight hanging off the three pt arms.

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They specified that you can use the ballast box. I'll be a bit over with the box blade as it's farther back but it'll suffice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts