Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great idea nod to SulleyBear!

How did you get your screen name? Some are a bit more obvious than others. For instance, I'd kinda be willing to bet Big Jim is well, BIG! :) Others leave you scratching your head. So, tell us!

Stablenickers is two fold but mostly comes from my love of our horses. When my daughter was young, I boarded her horse at a big boarding barn. At the time, it was just the two of us. She worked her tush off to afford board for her horse and I worked my butt off just to keep US fed and clothed. We were busy, busy and the only times we made it to the boarding barn were during daylight hours. I had no idea what we were missing. When I finished pharmacy school, we found a house with a little barn we could afford and I learned what a sweet place the barn is early in the morning. Call me nuts but I don't mind the smell of a barn...pine shavings, horse, cozy. The best part is the low nickering sound the boys make when I get close to the barn, especially our old man. It makes me happy! Hence the stable nicker.

My husband says the name is perfectly suited to me because it's kinda remarkable I survived my wild child days (true dat) and have now totally settled down, work hard and only rarely have a wild hair. Knickers are what Brits call a girl's pants. So, that's his version of what Stablenickers is all about.

Pick whichever you like!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Great idea nod to SulleyBear!

How did you get your screen name? Some are a bit more obvious than others. For instance, I'd kinda be willing to bet Big Jim is well, BIG! :) Others leave you scratching your head. So, tell us!

Stablenickers is two fold but mostly comes from my love of our horses. When my daughter was young, I boarded her horse at a big boarding barn. At the time, it was just the two of us. She worked her tush off to afford board for her horse and I worked my butt off just to keep US fed and clothed. We were busy, busy and the only times we made it to the boarding barn were during daylight hours. I had no idea what we were missing. When I finished pharmacy school, we found a house with a little barn we could afford and I learned what a sweet place the barn is early in the morning. Call me nuts but I don't mind the smell of a barn...pine shavings, horse, cozy. The best part is the low nickering sound the boys make when I get close to the barn, especially our old man. It makes me happy! Hence the stable nicker.

My husband says the name is perfectly suited to me because it's kinda remarkable I survived my wild child days (true dat) and have now totally settled down, work hard and only rarely have a wild hair. Knickers are what Brits call a girl's pants. So, that's his version of what Stablenickers is all about.

Pick whichever you like!
Well SN, I just took the same name as my tractor. It was available...:bigthumb: On the truck site was based on my truck name. After my truck, my car name on the TDI site was based on, well, the car. I am a bit bland, I guess. So your assumption about Big Jim, may be that he is physically big or he is a tough guy. I know but I will let him tell you.:munch:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
my actual nickname in real life is John. my last name starts with H. 'nuff said.:lol:

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
I have no imagination when it comes to this kind of thing.

Sitting here racking my brain - once or twice a day a train comes through my area. I can't see it from my property as the tracks are on the other side of the creek then ~1/4 mile through the woods but I can hear it. Back a few years ago it was mostly coal cars - today it is mostly silica sand for the gas wells.

So coaltrain was born. Then when saying that to myself it didn't hurt to also think of Roscoe P. Coaltrian just for fun.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no imagination when it comes to this kind of thing.

Sitting here racking my brain - once or twice a day a train comes through my area. I can't see it from my property as the tracks are on the other side of the creek then ~1/4 mile through the woods but I can hear it. Back a few years ago it was mostly coal cars - today it is mostly silica sand for the gas wells.

So coaltrain was born. Then when saying that to myself it didn't hurt to also think of Roscoe P. Coaltrian just for fun.
Lol..haven't heard Roscoe P. In a lonnnng time!

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Well, as far as my screen name is concerned, I've been riding motorcycles since I was 12 years old. Have had a bunch of Harley Davidson "Superglides" over the years. A '73, '81, '83, '88 & '92. Probably rode more than 500,000 miles on Superglides. Then there's the Sport thing. Speaks for itself. :laugh:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No originality for me, as you can tell. :laugh:
Yes, but you're from PA so I understand. Buncha pragmatic mid-westerners up there!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well SN, I just took the same name as my tractor. It was available...:bigthumb: On the truck site was based on my truck name. After my truck, my car name on the TDI site was based on, well, the car. I am a bit bland, I guess. So your assumption about Big Jim, may be that he is physically big or he is a tough guy. I know but I will let him tell you.:munch:
Truth be told mine came from the above poster.... But he was here already and I'm in MN so....
No originality for me, as you can tell. :laugh:
Yes, but you're from PA so I understand. Buncha pragmatic mid-westerners up there!
Yeah that's it pragmatic :thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::laugh:

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
my actual nickname in real life is John. my last name starts with H. 'nuff said.:lol:
Kinda the same. First name: "Jim" Last name: starts with "R".

Some of us personify the K.I.S.S. principle! :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
hard headed old fart is probably more descriptive.:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,738 Posts
69 years old, born, raised and living in south Louisiana, every now and then will talk in "flat", "broke down" English, ergo..............................:laugh:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts