Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One had been laying in my parents' shed for years, and I finally hauled it to my place last weekend. I need to get the seat off to get to the air cleaner and carb, and for the life of me I can't remember how to remove it. I know it either pulls up or slides a little forward or back, but I don't want to start yanking on it and break something. One of you guys had to have had one of these back in the day and remember how to get the seat off.

Yes, I'll post a pic soon.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I had a 79 xl 250. But ...I bought it in 79,so its been awhile. I believe the 250 had 2 screws on the rear for the seat pan and 2 screws in the center that were for a passenger hold strap. Once these screws were removed, you could pull the seat backwards, disengage the front morticed plate and then lift off.
But I'm going off 30+ years of sleeping since then....so Hopefully I'll remember for sure when I see the pics.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, that was it. There is a screw on each side near the rear that holds the seat on.
THANKS!
I now see why no gas was getting to the cylinder. The mice always seem to love setting up condos in air cleaners. :mad:
I'll have to clean it out tomorrow and see if they caused any damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts