Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a pickup truck or trailer. Rent a rider box truck? Most of you guys have a trailer I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I don't have a trailer. I have a few good friends that have them. So.........I just ask and they have no problem with me using them. I'll have one someday.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Try for a roll back. Might be cheaper, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I have a truck and a trailer, and have been known to borrow the Kenworth and a Landoll trailer from work on occasion. :laugh:

I think you were looking at 1 and 2 series tractors, correct? Machines that size can easily be moved by rollback wreckers like Levi suggested, or you could rent a moving truck and flatbed/ car trailer. If you know someone with a truck you might be able to rent just a trailer from an equipment rental place like Sunbelt. Worst case scenario, if you don't buy from the dealer you could still probably hire them to haul your tractor for you.

Depending on where you are and where the tractor is, you could put a post in GTT's Hauling forum. Might be a member in your area that could help. :good2:

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
The problem with renting a "moving truck" or "box truck" is that usually lack sufficient places to tie down a load like a heavy tractor-safely that is.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
The problem with renting a "moving truck" or "box truck" is that usually lack sufficient places to tie down a load like a heavy tractor-safely that is.
Agreed. Just to clarify, I recommended the moving truck only to tow the rental trailer with since he doesn't have a truck.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
Hertz/UHaul/etc... rent 3/4-ton and 1-ton pickups too! Ya don't necessarily need a "Moving Van".

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have 3 trailers so usually thats how I haul... However, couple years ago I went to a auction that had the 2305 I have now.. I really went to watch them sell, well, I did watch and my right had had a mind of its own and :bye: at the auctioneer a couple times and well.. 3 hrs from home and no trailer.. :banghead: So, there was a loading dock there, backed up my truck and after a couple slaps on its bum in it went.. 8' bed with a cross over tool box, and if it didnt have the 3pt arms on, tailgate would have shut.. No loader, no deck, just tractor.. 3hr drive home and truck got 20mpg round trip!! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
What's a roll back wrecker?
rollback-003.jpg

They will usually tow for a nominal pick up fee, then charge by the mile to the destination.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,314 Posts
Try United Rentals.
Most U.R. locations rent Trucks and Trailers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts