Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been searching online but can't seem to find any info on installing a 3rd function for the 4m series. I have a 2019 4052m with power beyond for my backhoe. Now, how do I install a factory 3rd function for a grapple? All the info I've got from the dealer doesn't clearly show what to do...So frustrating! Hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this. thanks for your time.
Tire Nature Grass Agricultural machinery Green

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the parts list I received from my dealer.
  1. BLV10767
  2. LVA19698
  3. LVA19249
  4. BW16448
Now I just need some instructions that make sense, If these are the right parts that is...My dealer is a little unsure and would like to bring the tractor in for the installation. But I need to install myself as I'm about a days travel from the dealer including a ferry trip. Big $$$

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It is confusing when adding hydraulic kits due to so many different combinations possible. Did the dealer print out Installation instructions for you? In addition to parts mentioned, you may need BLV10456 load center to be able to connect electrically... MAybe you already have that? I will try to attach an instruction that does a pretty good job of showing different combinations and requirements. I can also get you instructions for each kit if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is confusing when adding hydraulic kits due to so many different combinations possible. Did the dealer print out Installation instructions for you? In addition to parts mentioned, you may need BLV10456 load center to be able to connect electrically... MAybe you already have that? I will try to attach an instruction that does a pretty good job of showing different combinations and requirements. I can also get you instructions for each kit if needed.
Hey thanks for the instructions. Best I've seen yet! If you could send me the instructions for the other kits I'd buy you a virtual Beer! I've got the power beyond wth loader kit (BLV10969) already on the tractor for my backhoe but now how do I attach BLV10767 for a front 3rd function? or do I need a different kit?

·
Administrator
21,272 Posts
WRL sells a true 3rd function too, but I always try to go OEM when possible.

Reactions: ridesdirt

·
Administrator
21,272 Posts
Reactions: homesteader

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So my dealer got back to me today. He's saying that the only 3r function kit JD has for my tractor (4052m) sends hydraulic piping from my loader valve to the rear of the tractor. From the rear of the tractor I would have to make custom lines back to the loader valve which is attached to the loader. If this is true the kit (BLV 10767 ) seems useless if I sill need to make up custom lines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(y)

Should have added this before:

Thanks Kenny, I got a quote for W.R. long 3rd function kit VK12. It was about $1000 cheaper than the JD, but it doesn't come in green! lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you decide to go with the Wr Long I can give you pretty detailed instructions as I just installed it on my 4052M. I might need to see where they piped your power beyond for the backhoe but it’s fairly straightforward. I think all 4 series come with the load center from the factory now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sure would like to see some installation instructions for the W.R. long 3rd function with backhoe present. On the W.R. long website they say "If you have a backhoe that is an option or later added on then the hose length and hose end may not be correct since the valve kit is designed for the loader when there is no backhoe present."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you decide to go with the Wr Long I can give you pretty detailed instructions as I just installed it on my 4052M. I might need to see where they piped your power beyond for the backhoe but it’s fairly straightforward. I think all 4 series come with the load center from the factory now.
Thank you! I'll make a quick little video showing my setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its hard to tell from those pictures but I think the line that has the coupler in the middle in the Power Beyond from your loader valve. I would guess that is going to your backhoe but if you could send a photo of where the lines connect at the rear of the tractor I can give a better opinion. You are correct that you just need to tap into a high pressure power beyond hydraulic circuit. Before any accessories were added, your tractor had a hydraulic pump going to the rear case for the 3 pt hitch. To add the loader, they block the line going to the rear case and pipe that high pressure to the loader valve. Oher than the 4 lines going to the loader itself, the loader valve has 3 lines on the tractor side. The first is the previously mentioned high pressure hydraulic line from the rear, a SCV to RCV (the return line to the rockshaft) and then a tank return. The SCV to RCV return is also pressurized, which is a tad different from the "Tank" line. At this point if you wanted to add another accessory, you would tap into that SCV to RCV return (high pressure return, or effectively the power beyond port of the loader value) and send that fluid to the next device. The last step in that circuit has to be sending high pressure back to the RCV (rockshaft aka 3 pt). I've seen some other instructions for power beyond that makes me think there are additional ports at the rear that could be tapped for the high pressure circuit but thats why I was curious to see your pics. I'll see if I can find the instructions for the backhoe kit to see if it aligns with my assumptions. If I'm wrong then my Google degree in John Deere Hydraulics isn't worth the paper I printed it on :).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
So my dealer got back to me today. He's saying that the only 3r function kit JD has for my tractor (4052m) sends hydraulic piping from my loader valve to the rear of the tractor. From the rear of the tractor I would have to make custom lines back to the loader valve which is attached to the loader. If this is true the kit (BLV 10767 ) seems useless if I sill need to make up custom lines.
Here is the only 3rd function kit JD offers for the 4052m and it's not a full kit. If you what to use it as a FEL 3rd function you have to make custom lines from the back of the tractor to the FEL kit.
BLV10767. This routes to the rear of the tractor so you need custom made lines to connect to the mid where the BLV16448 3rd function loader lines will equip the loader. LVA19706 to tie into the tractor system. With this type of set-up, it will allow you to operate a rear function or a front function. Front hoses would have to be disconnected at the rear to allow the rear implement to be utilized.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well after much investigating, I've decided to go with W.R. long 3rd function kit VK12. It makes much more sense than the JD kit to install. I don't have to take off the rear tire's which are loaded and way less piping involved. Also its about half the price! I'll show some photos when I complete the installation.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts