Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 260 backhoe and subframe kit. I did not receive instructions for installing the subframe kit. Does anyone know where I get the instructions? I tried the Internet but wasn't successful. I contacted the dealer who directed me to the backhoe instructions which I already found and contacted him again and am waiting for a response.
In addition, will I have issues with the mower deck? I read somewhere that you have to remove the 3 point hitch. Is there an issue reinstalling the 3 point hitch after installing the subframe kit?

Bill

·
Registered
255 Posts
The dealer can print you the instructions. The 3 pt arms need to be removed when attaching the BH. After you take the BH off you can put the 3pt arms back on. I have installed 100's of 260's on 1 series, but never did one on a 2305. I would assume there are some different brackets from a 1 series.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer can print you the instructions. The 3 pt arms need to be removed when attaching the BH. After you take the BH off you can put the 3pt arms back on. I have installed 100's of 260's on 1 series, but never did one on a 2305. I would assume there are some different brackets from a 1 series.
Thanks for the info. Still waiting for response from dealer. As far as the 3 point hitch, I just wanted to make sure I can still use my mower deck and tiller attachment with the backhoe removed.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks for the info. Still waiting for response from dealer. As far as the 3 point hitch, I just wanted to make sure I can still use my mower deck and tiller attachment with the backhoe removed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only backhoe "mounts" attach to the loader subframe. Same style as my 2520 : no issues to report, just remember to take off the three-point arms (PITA).

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only backhoe "mounts" attach to the loader subframe. Same style as my 2520 : no issues to report, just remember to take off the three-point arms (PITA).
I believe this is correct as well-with BH removed (but mounts on frame left in place) the other implements are used as normal. Mounting the BH will prevent use of the MMM and 3pt as the BH frame blocks the MMM and the 3 pt and top link need to be removed-as well as the PB bypassing the hydraulic function of the 3pt.

Reactions: firemachine69

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm confused, isn't OP talking about installing the subframe mount to his tractor frame on a tractor that did not come as a TLB? That would go way beyond anything to do with the 3-point hardware, correct? Out of curiousity, would this tractor already have the "Power Beyond" kit installed to allow the functioning of the 260 backhoe?

My understanding was that the installation of a backhoe on a tractor that did not come with one is an extremely involved process, but I would love to be wrong. I'm sorry I don't really have any information to offer, I myself am following this thread to learn a thing or two! :hide:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm confused, isn't OP talking about installing the subframe mount to his tractor frame on a tractor that did not come as a TLB? That would go way beyond anything to do with the 3-point hardware, correct? Out of curiousity, would this tractor already have the "Power Beyond" kit installed to allow the functioning of the 260 backhoe?

My understanding was that the installation of a backhoe on a tractor that did not come with one is an extremely involved process, but I would love to be wrong. I'm sorry I don't really have any information to offer, I myself am following this thread to learn a thing or two! :hide:
You are correct on all counts. However the OP asked for advice/instructions on installing the sub frame kit, what had to change with 3pt hitch mounting, how the subframe kit effects or does not effect the use/install of the mower deck, etc. there were a bunch of related questions within his original post we are all partly answering-the subframe kit installation will have to be left to the printer instructions he needs from the dealer/JD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received instructions from dealer. Thanks for the comments, they were helpful. I'll post as I make progress on the install. I'll probably be installing during the winter when snow isn't forecasted for a few days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Received instructions from dealer. Thanks for the comments, they were helpful. I'll post as I make progress on the install. I'll probably be installing during the winter when snow isn't forecasted for a few days.
I'm excited to see some pictures later on! I can't recall seeing a similar project, although I haven't gone searching the forums for one. I would assume it will be very helpful for future readers of this forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts