Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a motion activated video camera, and it spits out .asf files onto an SD card. The documentation says windows media player will play them, but it doesn't. Maybe I just need a codec. Any advice? The Media player says it cannot play the file because it is missing a required AUDIO codec. Any idea on how I would get?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Get the K-Lite Codec pak std edition, it comes with the old Media player classic and that package will play pretty much everything on the market. Just do a google search for k-lite

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the K-Lite Codec pak std edition, it comes with the old Media player classic and that package will play pretty much everything on the market. Just do a google search for k-lite
I did download that, but it installed tons of unwanted applications, advertising popups, highjacked my web browser settings.....all the common malware stuff along with the codecs.
It was irratating because I downloaded it from cnet, which I thought was a reputable source. Took me a couple hours to get the system back to normal.
Windows movie maker does play the ASF format so I'm good to go.

·
Administrator
17,292 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts