Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Chris,

I always thought the V-plow for the Gator was an interesting attachment:
gator v-plow.JPG

I don't have my electric E-Gator any longer but used it for firewood tasks -- even built it a second bed worth of trailer.
Gator chores.jpg Gator capacity times two.jpg

The cab is a must have in the wet Portland Oregon area, and the wide faceted rear view mirror does not stick out into the brush...
multi-view_mirror_in_cab.jpg

Chuck

·
Registered
152 Posts
The attachment I primarily use with my Gator CX is a 17 cu ft dump cart. It has also been used to tow a chemical sprayer. I don't have a ball hitch receiver, just the standard garden tractor style hitch. If I get a lawn roller or tow-behind aerator at some point I will probably use the Gator for that. Before I got the 3520 I also considered buying one of those ATV-style rough cut trail/field mowers.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My favorite attachment is the cab and the wood splitter.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I apologize in advance, mine's not a Gator..... but I use it at least twice a week, once to take the trash can to the end of the 1/2 mile driveway, and again to pick it up the next day. I made a rear bumper with a 2" receiver, and a hook to carry the trash can. With the electric/hydraulic dump I don't need to lift the can, and I can drop it without leaving the driver's seat.

There's also the other standard chores, hauling rocks or firewood, running to the mailbox, etc.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Nice fab work. :good2:

·
Registered
196 Posts
My Gator CX served me well!

I used it for work with my small greenhouse, mostly watering many containers on the 3.5 acres & gathering firewood for the greenhouse for spring heat. Photo0239.jpg

However I must now confess I upgraded to something with a bit more power, It was to be a used JD 625I, but that had issues so my dealer made me a deal on this... Photo0867.jpg
This has more cargo capacity & horsepower & is also a diesel. Used, but works for my needs.:good2:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Here is my Gator teamed up with my 3320 to make a wood run. But you will enjoy seeing this Gator with full tracks playing in the snow!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I just got my first Gator last August., after having a 550 Mule for 14+ years. Bought a used '07 "TS" w/new tires, mud flaps & an after-market canopy:

HPIM2872 (640x478).jpg

The canopy frame was too weak, so I re-built the rear frame, adding a screen w/ tool holders:

HPIM2875 (640x478).jpg

1-1/4" receiver hitch w/hook & drawbar holders:

HPIM2876 (640x478).jpg

Brush guard & bumper w/receiver (for winch):

HPIM2891 (640x478).jpg

Tool box:

HPIM2892 (640x478).jpg

Winch storage bracket:

HPIM2904 (640x478).jpg

Electric bed lift:

HPIM2901 (640x478).jpg

Golf cart mirrors, grab handles & sideboards:

HPIM2903 (640x478).jpg

Don't have any pics on hand, but I've also added a removable wire basket in front of the windshield. And an aluminum hinged bed cover.

We use it too haul water around the yard & gardens w/ 35 gallon plastic tank, haul firewood (both at the farm when cutting & from the woodshed to the shop at home. I use a 12 gallon spot sprayer for brush at the farm. With the bed cover on, we take it to the Rutledge, MO flea market once or twice/yr. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
We cruise around cheering for our Riders most of the summer - when not putting it to work in the yard or entertaining our friend's kids with it...

and in the winter, it a Zamboni!!!! Now, some of you may note the failure of the sham-wow's we used for water spreading - they've now been switched to carpet. The really keen eyes may note the orange on the left of the screen - I borrowed my orange-loving neighbors machine to scrape the ice as my teeth are on my bucket..... before any of you wise-guys tell me that water is too heavy - I did the calculation, it's just right.....

-Jer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Took the TS & 17P cart to the farm yesterday to haul some wood back to the trailer from my picnic grounds:

HPIM1242.JPG

I've been cutting some dead & dying trees that didn't get done last winter when I was unable to work. Now it's too hot to be running a chainsaw, but I'm done as of yesterday noon! ~~ Lowell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts