Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local online auction has this blade. How high ($) would you go you guys on this?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I really don know know. But I usually go 1/2 to 3/4 the price of new. The looks like it’s been repainEd more than once.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Have you looked at in person? Is it exactly what you want?
If it’s in great condition (minus cosmetics) and is exactly what you want and need I’d go up to 2/3 or 3/4 of a similar new blade. You never know with auctions, I’ve seen some steals and also seen things go way over new retail price.If I’m bidding I set my limit before bidding even starts. And try my best not to keep bidding past that if it’s something I want lol.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you looked at in person?
Not yet. Monday I’m gonna go look at it. Not worried about cosmetics. I usually set my limit also on something before I even start also, but sometimes I think I’m low. Anyway thanks for thoughts.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,678 Posts

·
Registered
15,709 Posts
Reactions: jdmich

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Not yet. Monday I’m gonna go look at it. Not worried about cosmetics. I usually set my limit also on something before I even start also, but sometimes I think I’m low. Anyway thanks for thoughts.
Here are the results of 8 auctions of the same, from $150 to a high of $770, which had hydraulic offset. Otherwise, the going rate seems to be around $250 on average............Good luck.

That is a heckuva blade for $250. If you can pick it up for that price I’d say you did good. A 7’ blade at TSC is $550 and not nearly as robust as this one.

·
Premium Member
2020 2038R w220R MSL
231 Posts
If you are buying for nostalgia or if you are buying it to use would make a difference. It's roughly 50 years old. If you are bidding because its old and quirky, that is one thing. If you want a blade to use, I think you can do better. I would do some measuring on the 3 pt to see if you can even use it on a modern one series. As stated in the post above, you can buy a new one for not a lot of money that you know will work great.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
King Kutter still makes that type of adjustment system, in one model of blade they sell. So it's still a viable option. If the price is right and it does what you want, then the question is answered.
It looks like it has quite a bit of reinforcement along the back (just like the King Kutter of similar design). A new $500 blade won't have that.
On a sunny dry day, sand it and rattle can it with some JD green and let the sun dry it.

Here is the similar KK model....

And here is a $500 KK blade....

Reactions: jdmich

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
That's the older style 80 blade. I have one out back that I gave $200 for 35 years ago (used) when we bought this property.
The blade you posted is what I know as an John Deere 80 blade, also the model 80A blade is very similar with a slightly lighter and wider blade. The OP shows a blade that is unfamiliar to me, don't even think it is a John Deere model. I will try to show a pic of my model 80 blade, I also have an 80A, not sure what is in the pic.

That is the 80A blade mounted on my model 80 blade frame. Now are we all confused, model 80 blades are hard to find that are in usable condition.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you want a blade to use, I think you can do better.
Would be using it for mostly snow not for show.
I would do some measuring on the 3 pt to see if you can even use it on a modern one series.
Oh It wouldn’t not be going on a 1 series, it would be used on my new Kioti
you can buy a new one for not a lot of money that you know will work great.
Yep looking at new also just thought I watch used one also for the right price.
don't even think it is a John Deere model.
That’s what I was wonder also. Just cause it has the manual, don’t mean it’s a John Deere.

Thanks all for your thoughts. Monday if I get a chance before auction is up I’m gonna go look at it. It currently at $360.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.