Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I store my diesel fuel in 5 gallon jugs and at 35 lbs. each it's a little strain on the older bones to hold and refill my 1025R. But add the Curtis Cab with it's not so ingenious "cubby hole" fuel cap cutout and it makes it a bit more of a challenge. Even using the longer "EZ-Pour" replacement spouts off Amazon doesn't help much and even then you cannot completely empty the jug. So I did my homework and did my searching here, on the web and checked out many videos on Youtube and thought I would give the new type of siphon hoses a try. I bought a nice kit off Amazon (see below) which came with all sorts of goodies but I found that all I needed was a few feet of the hose, the spring guide that holds the hose inside the tractors fuel filler and the "giggle" end inside the fuel jug to get the siphon started. I put my jug on a roll around table and it worked like a charm. Just jiggle the brass end piece inside the fuel jug and you can empty 5 gallons in about 3 minutes.

Just thought I would share. :good2:

SiphonKit1.JPG

SiphonKit2.JPG

SiphonKit3.JPG

SiphonKit.jpg

·
Registered
12,504 Posts
Shortstuff--i have the same siphon u have there. :dunno:i have yet to use mine. several yrs ago a guy was selling them at a little tractor show i attended, and was showing how they worked. i thought it was neat, so i bought one, my aunt did too. she has used hers-and likes it. no more sucking gas or trying to-thru a hose. it has a very unpleasant taste i think.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Very cool....does the fuel jug have to be above fuel tank to work?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Very cool....does the fuel jug have to be above fuel tank to work?
It's gravity fed so yes it would have to be a bit higher than the tank.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I purchased one like this from Crappy tire a while ago. I ended up going back to get a second one for gas.
Works great. Can stays on the floor
What's the crappy tire part # for this - think I'll get one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just tried to find it on crappy tire site. No luck
They have a display in the store with them. Two different kinds; one with a nozzle and one without (get the nozzle one)

Gezz I can't even find the one I have anywhere on line.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
It's bubbles! :laugh:

HD sells them too. I just tried to get the link but it didn't copy. Just type in Tera pump fluid extractors. 39 bucks I believe..

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I purchased one like this from Crappy tire a while ago. I ended up going back to get a second one for gas.
Works great. Can stays on the floor
I am still chuckling at how they came up with the name "Crappy Tire" and why?:mocking:

Was Sh***y Tire's over the edge? :unknown::lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just tried to find it on crappy tire site. No luck
They have a display in the store with them. Two different kinds; one with a nozzle and one without (get the nozzle one)

Gezz I can't even find the one I have anywhere on line.
Available at Amazon

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am still chuckling at how they came up with the name "Crappy Tire" and why?:mocking:

Was Sh***y Tire's over the edge? :unknown::lol:

It's just a common name for the downward spiral that company's been in since 2001. It's actually Canadian Tire, but another common name it's picked up is "Cambodian Tire", for all their imported, offshore garbage they stock. Even their top-line "Maximum" lineup of tools is garbage nowadays.

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
It's bubbles! :laugh:

HD sells them too. I just tried to get the link but it didn't copy. Just type in Tera pump fluid extractors. 39 bucks I believe..
I bought a very similar one from Amazon back in 2011. It still works fine and still has the original set of D-cell batteries. Yes... still the original batteries. I use it mostly for emptying the fuel out of small engine fuel tanks and filling my kerosene heater. I did use it once for draining the tank on the 2720.

For $16 I never expected this thing to last 6 years.

battery_pump.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Tools-Battery-Operated-Liquid-Transfer/dp/B000HEBR3I/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1514040536&sr=1-3&keywords=battery+powered+fuel+pump

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
I like that Tera pump with the nozzle. But with only having a 39.5 inch hose:unknown:, I doubt it's long enough to go from the jug being on the footboard, to the nozzle reaching the tank. Now I'm wondering if it would be possible to replace the factory hose with a longer one.

It's getting old, having to stand on the footboard holding that jug over the tank.:flag_of_truce: Jiggler wouldn't be any better, as the jug would most likely have to sit on the hood.

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
It's getting old, having to stand on the footboard holding that jug over the tank.:flag_of_truce: Jiggler wouldn't be any better, as the jug would most likely have to sit on the hood.
Check out Flo-Fast. The 7-gallon containers are very convenient to fill at the filling station and at 8 gallons per minute it doesn't take long to fill the tractor.

IMG_1563.jpg

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I bought a very similar one from Amazon back in 2011. It still works fine and still has the original set of D-cell batteries. Yes... still the original batteries. I use it mostly for emptying the fuel out of small engine fuel tanks and filling my kerosene heater. I did use it once for draining the tank on the 2720.

For $16 I never expected this thing to last 6 years.

View attachment 514657

https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Tools-Battery-Operated-Liquid-Transfer/dp/B000HEBR3I/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1514040536&sr=1-3&keywords=battery+powered+fuel+pump
I have the same one. I got it from a local hardware store. Like 20 bucks I think I paid. I can't lift the fuel cans and hold in place so this is the best money invested so far. Makes it easy

Reactions: Marlin

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I've considered buying a fuel transfer pump. I can still hold the 5 gallon can up there long enough to fill the tank, but I can already see that this is something that won't get easier with age.

I haven't bought one because I'm not sure how I'll store this thing when I'm not using it. Does it remain full of fuel when you are done? Does it leak forever while it's waiting for its next use? Will it get dirty while being stored and contaminate the fuel it's pumping?

I'm sure that some of you who are experienced users have some good answers to these questions. Thanks.

Keane

Reactions: Marlin
1 - 20 of 38 Posts