Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how long the 2019, 2038R with loader and backhoe is? I need to know for two reasons: 1) I need to know how long of a trailer I should buy. 2) I need to know if it will temporarily fit in my garage until I get a shop built. I read on here that the total length from the ballast box (or quick hitch) to the loader is 16' feet! I wonder how much longer the backhoe would be? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Does anyone know how long the 2019, 2038R with loader and backhoe is? I need to know for two reasons: 1) I need to know how long of a trailer I should buy. 2) I need to know if it will temporarily fit in my garage until I get a shop built. I read on here that the total length from the ballast box (or quick hitch) to the loader is 16' feet! I wonder how much longer the backhoe would be? Any help would be appreciated!
I don't recall ever having actually measured my 2038R with 270B backhoe and 220R loader installed, but let me share this with you....

I went out and purchased a 16' equipment trailer specifically for the tractor. I brought it home and immediately drove the tractor on to it. The tractor/loader/backhoe fit fine but it did not leave any extra room for other attachments to be transported. For example, If I wanted to bring along the box blade, or rear blade, or landscape rake, or any combination of these along with the TLB, there wasn't room to do so without stacking things which in my opinion is not the best way to trailer your precious equipment.... Long story short, I called the trailer shop right away and told them I had made a mistake and I wanted to return the 16' trailer and get an 18' model instead. They generously accommodated my request and now I have an 18' 10,000# trailer that fits the TLB and some implements.....

Use this information to suit your own needs. You may not want to carry additional items like I do... but then if you do, and if you don't have enough trailer to do so.... well, you know.... :banghead:

I hope this was helpful.

Sincerely

Attachments

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Tractor Time with Tim has a video or two covering trailer selection on YouTube as well. A lot of good info. I'd link it but I can't access YT right now.

Reactions: greenharley

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you, that does help. With that information, I think I'll opt for a 20' length x 83" wide (83" between the fenders) deck with a 14,000 GVWR. I'm currently looking at a tilt trailer that has a deck height of 20" inches.

TLB1402.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2032 barely fits in 16’ shed if I angle the backhoe. You’ll appreciate the extra length on new trailer.
Thanks for the feedback. The tilt trailer that I'm looking at comes in either an 18' or 20' foot length. Which one would you get?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think mines 20, i think you be pleased with it,
I suppose the 20' length wouldn't hurt, especially if I ever needed to tow a broke down truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts