Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swung by a different dealer than mine on the way back from a business trip today, looking to see a 270B in person, and noticed maybe three 2032r’s, no 2038r’s, probably 20 3e’s, 30 1r’s, two 2025r’s, no 3d’s, two 3039r’s, no 4 anything, two 5r’s were being offloaded from the factory, and I swear about 100 riding tractors stacked up in the lot still in the crate. Overall the lot was busting out with inventory getting ready for the spring push! :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Swung by a different dealer than mine on the way back from a business trip today, looking to see a 270B in person, and noticed maybe three 2032r’s, no 2038r’s, probably 20 3e’s, 30 1r’s, two 2025r’s, no 3d’s, two 3039r’s, no 4 anything, two 5r’s were being offloaded from the factory, and I swear about 100 riding tractors stacked up in the lot still in the crate. Overall the lot was busting out with inventory getting ready for the spring push! :greentractorride:
Ditto around here, 100's of mowers, Gators(of all varieties) Ztraks, 1,2,300 series, very very few 4xx series overall.

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
:unknown:i can't help ya out any-as since i bought my gator out of state, my local dealer i have not been to since last mid summer.

the place i bought my gator is a small jd dealer, who IIRC said she only sold up to 5 series tractors. i think the biggest tractor that was on her lot, back last fall was a 3 series.

·
Super Moderator
5,709 Posts
When I was at my dealer monday getting my filter and oil for my 2520, I looked around. They had quite a few 1 Series, but I didn't pay attention to detail on those, as I was looking for 2 Series. They had two 2032R's. One had FEL and BH,while the other one had FEL, mower deck, I-Match, and ballast box. All outfitted with R4's. They also had two 2038R's, set up like the 2032R's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Usually one 2032R a ton of 1025Rs and the only time I have ever seen a 2038R was one with a sold sign on it. My 2038R was the first one they sold and pretty much every one they get is sold before it hits the dealership.

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
I was just at mine a couple of weeks ago.
Probably 20-25 1 series, three 2025R, 7-8 3E's, one each 3033R, 3039R and 3046R. Probably 5 total 2032/38R but I think only one with a BH and a whole line up of 5E's 2WD and 4WD, some with cabs and some without, and one very special 5125R loaded to the gills. That's just the tractor side, no way I would try and count the inventory on the mower side, way to many. Funny thing is, last year their lot looked almost identical to this, by the end of May that had maybe 7-8 tractors left, and took most of the summer to replenish their stock.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Usually one 2032R a ton of 1025Rs and the only time I have ever seen a 2038R was one with a sold sign on it. My 2038R was the first one they sold and pretty much every one they get is sold before it hits the dealership.
When I bought my 2038r last spring only one of the three closest dealers had any in stock, and they had several meanwhile the other two dealers had zero. Neil from Messick’s in one of his videos mentioned they sell triple or quadruple the number of subcompact tractors than any other size. Looks like the same is true for JD based on the lot inventories of 1025r’s.

·
Super Moderator
5,709 Posts
I didn't look real close, but are the forward and reverse pedals plastic on the 2038R?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I didn't look real close, but are the forward and reverse pedals plastic on the 2038R?
Well since it's shiny silver where the paint is worn off on my 2032, I'm guessing not. :laugh:

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
13,672 Posts
Well since it's shiny silver where the paint is worn off on my 2032, I'm guessing not. :laugh:
I would have sworn they were plastic when I looked at one but it sounds like they might be metal. Are the arms connected to the pedals metal or plastic? They whole assembly just looked like plastic.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was at my local dealer today. During the winter he had just a few tractors 1's and 2's on the property. In the last two weeks, his inventory grew tremendously. He had two dozen or so 1 series, a maybe a dozen 2 series and three 3 series. His inside showroom was packed with a couple of tractors, Gators, carts and lawnmowers. I looked at the 17 and 10 carts. I also picked up my loader brackets to attach to my 60D mid mount mower. (pictures coming soon).

Attachments

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have almost 200 1 series, 15 or so 2025's, about 35 2032R/2038Rs, 25-30 E's, 15+ 4 Series 25+ 5 Series, one or two 6 series, well over 200 E series and X series tractors, 15 or so Commercial Z's and 40 or so Gators. And they keep rolling in!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
It might be time to pick-up some JD stock!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
How many on the dealer's lot? A heckuva lot, that's how many! I was at the dealer yesterday to pick up a hydraulic quick coupler and saw that they have really stocked up for spring/summer sales. No time to count them individually, but I'd say there were probably on the order of 3 dozen 1-series, maybe 2 dozen 2-series, 15 3-series, 8-10 each of 4-series and 5-series. It was a lot of green! There will be a lot of happy people in the coming months in this area.

This was my first time really seeing the size difference between the 2032/2038 and the other 2-series. I noticed that the 3-series has a similar situation. One model is quite a bit taller and has a much beefier front axle that the others.

Rob

·
Registered
167 Posts
Inventory

Noticed the same here. Went by my local JD dealer Friday after work and noticed the place was loaded down with mowers of all sizes, loads of 1 and 2 Series fitted with different implements, several 3 series and of course, larger tractors, hay making equipment and several bush hogs and tillers. And boy howdy we’re they busy! Spring maybe getting close!

·
Registered
191 Posts
My dealers lot looks like a nekkid chicken - he is plucked clean

They have probably sold 50+ tractors in the last month

I talked to my sales man on Friday and he had 4 deliveries for Sat - all tractors/trailer combo's

They still have the 2 4044R w/ cab there - that is a LOT of money for that cab.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
That's it, time to buy some jd stock and collect dividends.:good2::bigthumb:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
How many on the dealer's lot? A heckuva lot, that's how many! I was at the dealer yesterday to pick up a hydraulic quick coupler and saw that they have really stocked up for spring/summer sales. No time to count them individually, but I'd say there were probably on the order of 3 dozen 1-series, maybe 2 dozen 2-series, 15 3-series, 8-10 each of 4-series and 5-series. It was a lot of green! There will be a lot of happy people in the coming months in this area.

This was my first time really seeing the size difference between the 2032/2038 and the other 2-series. I noticed that the 3-series has a similar situation. One model is quite a bit taller and has a much beefier front axle that the others.

Rob
Wowzers.... that's a lot of SCUTs and CUTs.......high volume dealer I'm figuring. Would love to have that much choice, and no waiting for months for a tractor to be delivered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts