Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pick up the grease products for my 1025R, 120R, 60D, and 260B as well as a County Line Tiller on the way.

With the different specs if grease, is it OK to have 1 gun and change them out for each implement/attachment? Or do I need multiple grease guns to make sure I don't mix greases?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I keep different guns myself. Mine are cheapest i find on amazon but i add lock n lube coupler on the end.
that way i have tractor gun. All purpose gun. Car gun.

·
Premium Member
15,967 Posts
I need to pick up the grease products for my 1025R, 120R, 60D, and 260B as well as a County Line Tiller on the way.

With the different specs if grease, is it OK to have 1 gun and change them out for each implement/attachment? Or do I need multiple grease guns to make sure I don't mix greases?

Thanks
You COULD do that but it would be a huge pain and a bit of a waste of grease as you would want to purge the hose each time you change grease tubes.

Decent manual grease guns are inexpensive. Given your list of equipment you probably only need two types of grease... one for the backhoe and a second for everything else. Get yourself two grease guns and keep them loaded with a specific grease. Label the tube on the one for the backhoe with a paint marker.

Grease on! :)

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I use top quality JD grease with urea for everything, except when I need to pump some gun grease into a gearbox, then I use the cheapest grease I can get. So I have three guns. 2 with different fittings filled with JD urea grease and another with cheap grease for the gerboxes.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
I have two. The first I bought from the dealer. It’s a John Deere gun that I asked a mechanic at the dealer what gun should I get. He went to the back and than handed it to me and said, this is the on you want. It works great I added the Lock and lube XL and a hose swivel. mainly use it for the infamous thru the hole zerk on the shaft universal. Also the MMM zerks thru holes. For everything else I use a dewalt cordless with a regular lock and lube and also added a hose swivel too. Totally happy with both setups.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I have different guns for different grease plus the same grease in lever and pistol guns and straight hardline extensions, hose extensions, swivel ends... I have too many grease guns!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have different guns with different greases also. I splurged on a DeWalt for my backhoe since it eats a tube and a half every time I grease it. Besides that I like my pistol grip Alemite.

Reactions: MattL

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,984 Posts
I just have a Dewalt (already invested in the 20V max ecosystem) and use the standard synthetic Deere grease. - Now I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. 😮

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Must have at least 10 and can still never find one.....

In general
1 for Orange Grease...yep Big Foot...matches the color of K Mini Ex
1 for Blue....Marine wheel bearing grease
1 for Corn Head.....Thanks to this place
a bunch of random others scattered about the 2 barns and shop

And the New Favorite...De Walt with Lock-n-lube......werks quite well.

Iritates me when a fitting is plugged and it Pukes out the front..gggrrrrrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
3 with JD polyurea.
pistol grip with standard end for where the lock n lube doesn’t fit.
lever with standard end
milwaukee (secret Santa) with lock n lube, my go to
1 pistol grip with blue marine for the trailers.

Forgot the mini one for the Toro mower.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,369 Posts
I have two grease guns, only because I hate to stop and reload in the middle of a grease job. I use the same grease for everything. I haven't had a grease related issue in like, never.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have two grease guns, only because I hate to stop and reload in the middle of a grease job. I use the same grease for everything. I haven't had a grease related issue in like, never.
This was another question I had because if the different grease specs for the tractor and the implements. Is there really that much difference in grease that we have to use the different greases for different pieces?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,369 Posts
This was another question I had because if the different grease specs for the tractor and the implements. Is there really that much difference in grease that we have to use the different greases for different pieces?
Only you can decide that.
I decided MANY years ago, no.
I do use JD TY6333.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Same as Gizmo2 I have 1 Milwaukee m12 grease gun and JD grease, for me the bigger crime is not to grease.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
Only you can decide that.
I decided MANY years ago, no.
I do use JD TY6333.
Same grease I use on everything as well, in all three of my grease guns.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I have at least one gun with corn head grease, marine grease, #2 red grease, JD polyurea and “cheapest plain grease you can buy” grease.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
Forgot to mention, we have similar grease only CenPeCo brand that we use on everything up in the shed from tractors to balers to rakes and tedders etc.....

Reactions: DRobinson and MTB98

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,984 Posts
For those that are in the dewalt eco system - Here's a pretty good deal on a bare 20V Dewalt grease gun @ $149 I really like mine. (No affiliation, but I have shopped the outfit before with a positive experience.)

Edit: Apparently new subscribers can save an additional $10 (or new email addresses and accounts..... )

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA
1 - 20 of 52 Posts