Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I spent about 35 hours on the tractor through the snow season, October to about two weeks ago. Factoring in moving firewood and a few other small things I guess I clocked about 30 hours moving snow this season. Considering that after two years I am over 320 hours, (160 hrs per year), that's about 20 % of the seat time dealing with snow. I clear a 300 foot driveway and a huge parking/work area in the yard. We had a relatively "normal" winter but I'm curious how others fared in the snow in respect to hours of seat time.

Oh, it is soooo nice to see the last of this nasty stuff melting and my pond filling up with runoff. :good2:

·
Registered
937 Posts
The amount of time I spent moving snow this winter wasn't enough to change the hour meter whatsoever so you definitely have me beaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I plowed a total of 20 times this season. Doing 14 neighbors plus mine kept me out 5 to 5.5 hours each session so I broke the 100 hr mark.

·
Premium Member
14,713 Posts
With doing 10-15 driveways and church parking lot some where around 70 hrs. May be a little more since I can't remember how many hrs is on tractor at present time.

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I cheated and used the Ford. No idea the hours, but a LOT of fuel. Worst winter I remember for at least 20 years for snow and cold.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I cheated and used the Ford. No idea the hours, but a LOT of fuel. Worst winter I remember for at least 20 years for snow and cold.

I really like that truck. If I had to clear snow, that seems like a great way to do it. :good2:

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I really like that truck. If I had to clear snow, that seems like a great way to do it. :good2:
Thank you. I've owned since new. 36 years. Plowed snow from year one. First blade rusted out, so have all the brake lines, and 3 exhaust systems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts