Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:greentractorride: How many Kens Bolt On Grab Hooks do you have and do you want more for the same bucket?? I am looking at putting some on hopefully this winter but want to make sure I get the right quantity.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
KBOH? What's that?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,695 Posts
I initially went with three hooks but found I didn't use the center hook very often. I later removed the center hook and replaced it with Ken's 2" receiver hitch. However, I do have the clevis mounts at all three positions inside the bucket under each hook and find I use the center clevis a lot.

My current configuration has proven to be just about perfect for any lifting / pulling / towing task that arises.

IMG_0812.jpg photo66.jpg E26R3938.jpg E26R3956.jpg

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I initially went with three hooks but found I didn't use the center hook very often. I later removed the center hook and replaced it with Ken's 2" receiver hitch. However, I do have the clevis mounts at all three positions inside the bucket under each hook and find I use the center clevis a lot.

My current configuration has proven to be just about perfect for any lifting / pulling / towing task that arises.
Perfect.... Whatever I do end up with it will have the clevis as well......

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have two. Hooks on top with eyes on the bottom. They are in line with the hydraulic cylinders for max leverage. Having a third in the center might be nice.

Eric Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r
That's really what sparked my interest I originally have been thinking 2 along with the clevis but read about putting a 3rd in the middle. So I thought I'd ask those that have already spent the $$ I'd like to do it right the first time through...

73's.......

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you have the H120 like I do make sure you buy your clevis from Ken. I bought Tractor Supply versions and had to do a lot of grinding so they would fit.

Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you have the H120 like I do make sure you buy your clevis from Ken. I bought Tractor Supply versions and had to do a lot of grinding so they would fit.

Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r
Thanks for the in sight Eric....I will definitely buy them from KBOH.... I would rather it fit right from the start, and everything I have read about KBOH has been fantastic. Not a single negative comment and everyone seems to love the hooks and clevis.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have 2 on topside of my bucket. Might add 2 shackles below them on in side of fel at a later time.

Kind Regards
mdgilbreath

1026R with H120 FEL with Tooth Bar
Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks http://www.boltonhooks.com
54" Deck mower quick detach
48" Frontier bush hog -2048
48" Frontier box blade -2048
With imatch quick hitco
25 Gallon 12 volt Sprayer County Line from TSC
3 Point hitch rig with a 2" receiver bar for sprayer mount
2" Ball mount to pull utility trailer

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
3 may not be enough

You might want to consider more than 3. I've been thinking about adding a few to a box blade for chain storage, pulling (light) objects without dropping the blade, holding stuff on the blade etc.

I'm not sure you can ever have too many attachment points. :gizmo:

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,743 Posts

View attachment 87881 View attachment 87889 View attachment 87897 View attachment 87905
I have the same setup.
Cept my hooks are gold. Solid gold. :gizmo:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,901 Posts

View attachment 87881 View attachment 87889 View attachment 87897 View attachment 87905
Ditto on this configuration as I realized a third kook in the center could bow the bucket if I lifted too much. I do think I'll add a clevis also to the center inside the bucket. The receiver in the center is the best for the trash and recycle bin moves to/from the street.
Piranha Bar.jpg

Treefarmer- "I've been thinking about adding a few to a box blade for chain storage, pulling (light) objects without dropping the blade, holding stuff on the blade etc." Thought of this myself so if you do post some pictures. I do carry a choker for convenience and additional weight on the BB now, hooks would be better than wrapping.
Box Scraper.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts