Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know my 2520 arrived and my mind has kicked into reality -- I see that I was given just on ignition key. Is that correct -- if so where can I get another key... does it have a fancy in bedded chip?

thanks Paul

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
It should come with 2. No chip:lol: Tell your dealer to give you another...they are all the same anyway for the 2x20's.

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
You should have received 2 keys with your tractor.

Greg

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine came with 1. I asked where the second key was and was told that John Deere only ships one with each unit. I told the salesman that I expected two for the amount of money that I spent. He went and found another one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
my 4720 came with 4 :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
My 2520 also arrived with 2 keys. The dealer kept one just to use for delivery then returned it to me at my home.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Every JD item requiring a key that I have bought came with two (2) keys...:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got only one with my 2520. This being my first John Deere, I suppose I had just assumed that was normal. Should I call the salesman and ask for the other key, given it was delivered three months ago?

Different but related question...

Do you leave the key in your tractor all the time? If so, any concern about theft?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got 2 keys with my 2320.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
John Deere Keys..........

I really think the standard delivery is Two, as others have said, But I needed more. I will suggest that instead of having additionals 'cut' at the "Quicky-Key", just buy a couple from John Deere. They have them in stock, and they're 'beefer' than a cut key that can break off in the switch. (Ask me how I know........:mocking:! Two OEM keys will be like 8 bucks..........~Scotty

1 - 20 of 23 Posts