Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like all forms of racing. My favorites include motorcycle hill climbs, top fuel drags, tractor pulls, F1, Supercross, and some NASCAR. Generally speaking, if it's got a checkered flag, chances are I'll watch.:good2:

If I had money to burn, I'd probably get into cart racing. Looks like a ton of fun and a relatively cheap form of racing.

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll be watching the Daytona 500 today.:drinks: Should be entertaining:munch:

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Hendricks fan here. I am not as much of a fan as I used to be just because I don't like where NASCAR is going with the rules. I would be a lot happier if they were required to go back to stock sheetmetal and engines available in production cars.

As far as I am concerned Nascar is becoming IROC. I like the mechanics of racing. Guys figuring out how to tweak things to go fast. Bordering on cheating.

·
Administrator
18,000 Posts
I might listen to it on the radio, but I am a F1 fan at heart: 20 days, 15 hours, 39 minutes, 45 seconds till the first race of the season.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
In High School I was a pretty big Hendricks Motorsports fan. Also always thought Rally Racing was cool. WRC was so much fun to watch. Unlimited Hydroplanes also. Like it was said above, anything with a checkered flag.... Anyone else remember Swap Buggy racing on TNN?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There was a time before all the changes came to Nascar that if I could've, I would've sopped it up like gravy with biscuits.:laugh:

I like the technical stuff, but the amount of money needed to compete and the ever changing rules and regulations have made me tune out.

There's a NHRA track not very far from me that was once extremely popular.

Honestly, I'm just not a Danica Patrick fan and never will be. It's not because she's a woman. I realize she may have had a harder uphill battle to get where she's at and won't discount that. That took hard work and determination no doubt and can't be summed up in one sentence or paragragh.. Maybe I'm being judgmental, but I don't mean to be. Could be how the media has tried to launch her. Not really sure.

Used to be heavy into motorcross racing and owned different bikes over the years.

I'll be watching the 500 today.
Please don't make me have to listen to Darrell Waltrip's boogity-boogity-boogity lets go racing boys thing.

One thing I miss are the funny UPS commercials when Dale Jarrett was still in the Sprint Cup races and UPS was one of his sponsors.

·
Administrator
18,000 Posts
Honestly, I'm just not a Danica Patrick fan and never will be. It's not because she's a woman. I realize she may have had a harder uphill battle to get where she's at and won't discount that. That took hard work and determination no doubt and can't be summed up in one sentence or paragragh.. Maybe I'm being judgmental, but I don't mean to be. Could be how the media has tried to launch her. Not really sure.
I agree 100%. The media has tried to make her a much better driver than she really is IMHO. They even wanted her to become the first female F1 driver, but just like Scott Speed-she does not have what it takes for F1.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'll watch some of it.
Did you guys see the big crash yesterday during the final lap of the Nationwide race? Engine and half the front end of the No. 32 car ended up stuck in the safety fence and a tire and chunk of front suspension ended up in the stands. Hopefully all of the injured fans are okay. One person was in critical condition at one point.

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
28 fans injured. Ouch. :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
28 fans injured. Ouch. :thumbsdown:
33 last count I saw.

Maybe obongo and paleosi can pass a law to protect us from this carnage . . . :spy:

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Regarding Danica and most female stock car drivers. Seems to me that they have the talent to get a car around the track fast but don't always play well with others. I predict her to DNF in this race.

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Regarding Danica and most female stock car drivers. Seems to me that they have the talent to get a car around the track fast but don't always play well with others. I predict her to DNF in this race.
I agree. Lots of hype, not much backing it up. I hope she does well. Her aditude does seem to have improved since last year.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Not a big Nascar fan, I do have it on, but if it were World Of Outlaw sprint car race, Id have the :munch: out and glued to the tube!! WOO!! :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I agree 100%. The media has tried to make her a much better driver than she really is IMHO. They even wanted her to become the first female F1 driver, but just like Scott Speed-she does not have what it takes for F1.
Think about it Ken, If you were in NASCAR marketing, she was a "Dream Come True"! A 'Hot" looking gal, with some driving talent to a sport that has lost fans due to rule changes! I feel bad for the male drivers that are more talented, and get no press, because of her 'perky-little-body"!! Not that I have a a problem with P-L-B's!!! :lol: ~Scotty

When are you guys going to debut the "Girls of GTT"??? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I agree. Lots of hype, not much backing it up. I hope she does well. Her aditude does seem to have improved since last year.
I say this growing up next to a female racer. I used to ride dirt bikes with Shawna Robinson who later on went on to NASCAR. Nice girl but is a interior decorator.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Yep, sitting here on my lazy butt watching and catching up on GTT. It is not as interesting as when Big E was racing. I haven't been as excited about it since he died. My first driver was Fireball Roberts, who also died as a result of a racing accident. I am apparently not good to have as a fan. I do think that the cars are mechanical marvels. 500 miles at over 8000 rpms is pretty darn good.

Don:usa

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have to say, I'm impressed with Danica's performance today. :good2:

Congrats Jimmy Johnson #48! :drinks:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts