Next Years Sandwich Commissioner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 4585 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for humoring me, this may seem silly. Over the years of working with construction, road and now engineer/office folks, I have noticed that some guys eat multiple sandwiches each day. If I bring a sandwich, I bring one and eat it at lunch time. But I see many guys eating one or two sandwiches at their morning break and then another one or two sandwiches for lunch. This must be the norm and I'm the odd man out? :unknown:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Thanks for humoring me, this may seem silly. Over the years of working with construction, road and now engineer/office folks, I have noticed that some guys eat multiple sandwiches each day. If I bring a sandwich, I bring one and eat it at lunch time. But I see many guys eating one or two sandwiches at their morning break and then another one or two sandwiches for lunch. This must be the norm and I'm the odd man out? :unknown:

Hmm. Do cheeseburgers count?

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
:lol: colonypark--how old are these people eating all these sandwiches???

is their bread--white--wheat bread--12grain bread--:dunno: what do they have between the slices of bread--u know--like say-peanut butter and jelly?:dunno:

what's in ur sandwich-CP??

over the yrs i have seen some guys eat as high as 6 sandwiches a day-jeez-not me-i usually had 1 or 2 packed in my bucket, and they was peanut butter(jiff-the only kind:laugh:) and jelly(strawberry and it was always Smuckers too):laugh:

some people can eat a lot, and not gain an ounce of weight, while others like me--not:unknown:

see what everyone is bringing for their sandwiches--maybe they are traded their's for other type's.:good2:
p.s.-what brought this on??? i'm wondering if ur gonna try and beat the key thread with this one!!:lol::munch:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I did not get to 420# by eating one sandwich a day. This is bought and paid for. :bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
Whats a sandwich?:lol: Hard boiled egg, Cottage cheese, maybe a pickle and some chips. Can't get under the 188lbs mark.
BTW, This is a stupid thread. :lolol:

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Whats a sandwich?:lol: Hard boiled egg, Cottage cheese, maybe a pickle and some chips.
BTW, can't get under the 188lbs mark.
With that diet, you should have to tie on to something to keep from blowing away.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
14,728 Posts
I usually would eat one sandwich at lunch and once in a while the wife would have sloppy joes or some other type sandwich for dinner.
Heck for several years would eat a large Peanut Butter cup Blizzard or Oreo Blizzard for lunch. :dunno:

Years ago my nephews new bride would fix his sandwiches for the week on Sat or Sunday and wrap them in wax paper and place them in the freezer. He and my youngest brother worked at the same saw mill. One day my brother asked him why the water was running from his sandwich :laugh::laugh:. I guess the water was almost pouring from his sandwiches. :laugh: Brother gave our nephew a sandwich for the day . That evening Jeff went home and threw away the sandwiches in the freezer. After that he never had a soggy sandwich but a nice fresh made .

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol: colonypark--how old are these people eating all these sandwiches???

is their bread--white--wheat bread--12grain bread--:dunno: what do they have between the slices of bread--u know--like say-peanut butter and jelly?:dunno:

what's in ur sandwich-CP??

over the yrs i have seen some guys eat as high as 6 sandwiches a day-jeez-not me-i usually had 1 or 2 packed in my bucket, and they was peanut butter(jiff-the only kind:laugh:) and jelly(strawberry and it was always Smuckers too):laugh:

some people can eat a lot, and not gain an ounce of weight, while others like me--not:unknown:

see what everyone is bringing for their sandwiches--maybe they are traded their's for other type's.:good2:
p.s.-what brought this on??? i'm wondering if ur gonna try and beat the key thread with this one!!:lol::munch:
I agree Jif is the only way to go. My sandwiches are always different. I am 6ft tall and hover at 200 lbs. I am one of the heaviest guys. One crams down 2 PB and banana sandwiches everyday for lunch. Two of the others eat two sandwiches each at lunch. They use Extra Protein bread, multiple slices of pepper jack cheese and even more slices of Buffalo style turkey. Then they pour on mayo and hot sauce in generous quantities. They end up with Dagwood Bumstead sandwiches. Maybe their wives don't cook well?

Let's go after the key thread! In regards to this thread, yeah I've had better ideas, see my comment below.:lol:

Whats a sandwich?:lol: Hard boiled egg, Cottage cheese, maybe a pickle and some chips. Can't get under the 188lbs mark.
BTW, This is a stupid thread. :lolol:

:lolol:It seemed like a good way to answer this nagging thought I've had, but reading it now, yeah it is way stupid.:lolol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
I agree Jif is the only way to go. My sandwiches are always different. I am 6ft tall and hover at 200 lbs. I am one of the heaviest guys. One crams down 2 PB and banana sandwiches everyday for lunch. Two of the others eat two sandwiches each at lunch. They use Extra Protein bread, multiple slices of pepper jack cheese and even more slices of Buffalo style turkey. Then they pour on mayo and hot sauce in generous quantities. They end up with Dagwood Bumstead sandwiches. Maybe their wives don't cook well?

Let's go after the key thread! In regards to this thread, yeah I've had better ideas, see my comment below.:lol:

:lolol:It seemed like a good way to answer this nagging thought I've had, but reading it now, yeah it is way stupid.:lolol:
Hey, I'm all about stupid, I live it. :lol:

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
Yeah - always one sandwich and some other snacks. Being more than half the time I had to eat on the move the sandwiches had to be the type that nothing would fall out - eating with one hand while operating a piece or equipment or driving truck. With both my jobs over the past 15 years there was no stopping to eat.

This reminds me of a guy I used to work with at PennDOT. He had a relatively small lunch bucket (those little coolers we all carried) and all day long he would be pulling PB&J sandwiches out of it. That thing must have been packed full! But eating all that white bread all day - well yeah - he was "portly".

Once I stopped working the last thing I wanted was a sandwich for lunch. Took me a year or better before I would eat one. But then I could have something that I liked much better - a sandwich with loose stuff on it like tomato and onions. Also much rather have Italian dressing on my sandwiches instead of mayonnaise - had to have mayonnaise when I was working so it wouldn't drip.

One guy at PennDOT had a good idea which I adopted - using a sandwich maker. You could get pretty creative with the contents and they were perfect for one-handed eating being they were sealed on the edges. He said he would make a bunch of different ones up on Sunday and just throw a couple in his bucket in the morning.

503219793_XS.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I really don't like sandwiches. I usually have leftovers for lunch.

Seems I've gained a few pounds in the last couple of months, I should probably try something different. :unknown:
I'm with you Blake, I don't really like sandwiches all that much and bread seems to instigate my tired shoulder joints and knees for some reason so my choice is; a banana, 20 fluid oz of Powerade for lunch and whatever the wife has cooked up for dinner. I'm just a little overweight, 5/10 @ 220 But mostly muscle (ya my doctor laughs too) Until she lost at arm wrestling last Friday.
I see Giz is at 188 pounds,, I haven't seen that since high school! But I was a great running back and middle linebacker until my torn ACL stopped all that. I still have a 36" waste so I'm not all that fat..
I wasn't going to post in this thread but after reading some of these posts and sitting here laughing I just had to..
As far as dripping sandwiches that would make me gag trying to eat one! I can't believe as children we had to eat Milk Toast before elementary school! YUCK. What was my mother thinking?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Hey, I'm all about stupid, I live it. :lol:
We saw the roof pictures Keith you didn't have to incriminate yourself.....:lol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This reminds me of a guy I used to work with at PennDOT. He had a relatively small lunch bucket (those little coolers we all carried) and all day long he would be pulling PB&J sandwiches out of it. That thing must have been packed full!

Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about Stan. And for the record, I'm a mayo guy. Miracle Whip, is no miracle, yuck.

I really don't like sandwiches. I usually have leftovers for lunch.

Seems I've gained a few pounds in the last couple of months, I should probably try something different. :unknown:

I don't mind leftovers for lunch at all, but usually I need a microwave and am not near one. With this job, I have gained a couple pounds, not much though. It's not because of the sandwiches, it's because I am not hiking all over the countryside anymore.

CP we need to give you more work if you're just watching people eat....?

Bring it on. I have been waiting for more work since my first day.:banghead:

1 - 20 of 4585 Posts