Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put a T-N-T on my JD4600, and be able to run a hydro chute and hydro deflector on my 3pt snowblower. How many SCV/ rear outlets do I need.:unknown: All I know about hydraulics is that you turn red and oily when a hose breaks.:gaah:

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Welcome to DT Stormy:good2:

Like I mentioned in my email to you, JD has three total available (3rd, 4th, and 5th) and you already have one (the 3rd). The 4th and 5th come together as one kit and that should cover your needs nicely.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I would have 8 connectors on the rear of the tractor then? Just trying to figure out how many I need and how to arrange them. I'm thinkng four lines each with two QC's. This is all new to me, but I be willin to learn!:laugh: I have an FEL and that has four connectors so I'm guessing that is 2 lines with 2 QC each.

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Each SCV has two QD's (quick disconnects) or connections, so there would be 6 total, two you already have (3rd) plus four more (4th and 5th).

A TnT setup needs two, the chute rotation needs one and the chute deflector would need one-so technically you'd be one short, but you ca easily disconnect the Tilt of the TnT when using the blower. One other option is a linear actuator on the chute deflector so it's electric rather that hydraulic.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That really helped. It's becoming clearer. I appreciate your patience. I'm a slow learner, but with enough beating I eventually learn.:nunu::laugh: The electric option may be the best bet. Thanks again. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Make any decisions yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna try and get the kit for the 5th SCV setup. That should give me all that I need. That ebay looks like the last one available. They are rather rare to find. I believe they are NLA. I appreciate your help and guidance. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
I'm gonna try and get the kit for the 5th SCV setup. That should give me all that I need. That ebay looks like the last one available. They are rather rare to find. I believe they are NLA. I appreciate your help and guidance. :thumbup1gif:
Good call, I would jump on that eBay deal if I where you.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Thanks Bill!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MJNCAD, how much beer will it cost me to have you come to Iowa and help me with my install?:lol: Nice looking job. I'm hoping to have 5-6 circuts when done. Thats a lot of them, but would rather put every possible one in at the same time rather then adding them 1 at a time over and over again. Again, great job.:good2::thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Thanks Storm, how much beer have you got, and what kind? :drinks:

Anyway, that was the first time I'd ever done anything like that and I just took my time, read the instructions, bought plenty of crowfoot and flare-nut wrenches, and kept everything as clean as I could.

You have the right idea to do them all at once as that is what I did. I managed to get copies of the installation instructions before I even bought the kits so I could study them and see if I felt confident enough to do the work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts