Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a new TS. Haven't seen much in the way of used, and they bring a lot. How much bargaining room is there typically on a new ts or tx? I am intriqued by the member below who fits his ts in the bed of his truck! I plan to use it to haul debris around my 3 acres, and use it at the race track. I've heard the ts rides a little rough, but I'm in FL and my land is pretty smooth...

Thanks!
David

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
From what I have been told and seen when buying mine, there is very little room on most of the gator models. Look for model year end rebates to try to save money.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a TX last year when JD was offering 0% interest. My Deere dealer discounted the gator $500 off list and then sold me several accessories at "his cost" or at least he discounted them. I ordered it with the front and rear bumpers and fender guard package installed then ordered brake lights, light guards, a horn, top and some other things which he discounted about 15%. I installed these myself.

We use our gator for general work on ten acres and I am extremely happy with it. I went with the TX due to the independent suspension which does ride much smoother than the TS, which has no rear springs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You'll love that TX, it's what I wanted. But we bought the CX to get around in the orchard. It's the most used piece of equipment on my farm.

Not a lot of room to negotiate on the Gators as I understand it. I paid full pop, but the dealer threw in some goodies... and a hat! LOL!

Jim in Texas
Humble Camp Peach Farm

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got $1300 off an 825i and a dealer $200 coupon and $150 coupon from AQHA. I think much depends on the cost of a unit. You can do better on a $60,000 tractor than a $4000 lawnmower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts