Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I negotiated my new 2520 I never negotiated the iMatch QH into the sale (stupid move). I've checked with 2 local dealers and was quoted 2 different prices. $320.00 from the dealer I bought my machine at and $308.00 from another. I'm told that the QH comes with one set of bushings for one implement and in order to use my ballast box with the iMatch I have to buy another set of different bushings that are 69.99.

I want the hitch, but can someone let me know what I should expect to pay before I dive in? Anyone know anything about the bushings as well?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just bought a iMatch QH for my 2320 2 weeks ago. Got it from my dealer in Concord, NH.
$298 for the hitch and $35 for a bushing set. No negotiating, that was the price.
Good luck the QH is great!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Tully...

If nothing else I would go back to the dealership and salesman you bought the 2520 from. I would think if you spent that kind of $$ with them, they should be able to work with you a little on the price of an iMatch.

And ditto on what sbussell stated...best of luck. I know you will enjoy the iMatch once you make a decision.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought the iMatch today, 299.00+tax. It came with a pretty generic set of bushings that I assume I can use on my rake or back blade with the lynch pins to adapt to the QH. I'll need to buy a set of the shouldered bushings to adapt my balast box. Any feedback on if I need to bush the toplink pins on the implements to make the hook fit a little more snug? You'd think that Deere would have provided a third bushing if they intended you to do the top link right?

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
Yes Tully, you need to bush the TL pin. There is info in the other thread that was linked above.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When I negotiated my new 2520 I never negotiated the iMatch QH into the sale (stupid move). I've checked with 2 local dealers and was quoted 2 different prices. $320.00 from the dealer I bought my machine at and $308.00 from another. I'm told that the QH comes with one set of bushings for one implement and in order to use my ballast box with the iMatch I have to buy another set of different bushings that are 69.99.

I want the hitch, but can someone let me know what I should expect to pay before I dive in? Anyone know anything about the bushings as well?
Paid $300 for mine... and, am kind of regretting the decision to buy it. I have both Cat 0 and Cat 1 implements... the Pats System (see http://www.pats3pointhitchsystem.com/page/7229 ) would probably have worked better for me (and, if I had been aware of it, would probably have gone that direction). If you have only Cat 1 implements, however, iMatch works great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay - I've had my iMatch for a couple weeks now and still have yet to use it (properly). I have a pair of bushings on order from SPEECO so I can retrofit my Ballast Box to fit. Wish Deere wouldn't market the BB with the iMatch logo and then try to get you for a pair or their 69.99 bushing kit just to make it work. They'll be here in a couple of days. I tried to hook up my york rake this weekend which turned out to be a no-go. I've read that if the implement isn't mfg to the ASAE standard, then the QH won't work. I've found some threads suggesting a QH adapter through Harbor Freight (item 29309-0VGA) or through Land Pride (item 320-013A). I took a stab at the HF flavor and called customer service 10.99 + 1.99 for shipping and more for tax, $14.02 later I have one on order. Is anyone familiar with the use of these floating top-link adapters and is it going to conflict with the fixed hook on my iMatch? My pricey iMatch quick hitch is rapidly becoming more and more discouraging.

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
I have never seen or heard of the HF top link adapter used with the iMatch.

Do you have a welder? Making implements fit is fairly easy to do...and once it's done it will always be easy to hook it up. There are a few companies following the ASAE standard-but they are all pricey implements and not the el-cheapo stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adapting a Top Link Adapter

Well - I finally am able to use my iMatch QH with non-iMatch implements. Since the top hook is fixed, I can draw it in with my top link enough to clear the hook out of the way of the implement. I ordered the HF Top Link adapter, but it wasn't long enough to clear the fixed hook so I machined two pieces of 1/4" plate, bored some holes and machined a bushing and touched it off with a can of Deere Green. Yes, I still have to exit the machine to attach the top link, but it sure beats wrestling the lift arms wide enough to spread around my implements.

IMG_1446.JPG IMG_1447.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts