Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I negotiated my new 2520 I never negotiated the iMatch QH into the sale (stupid move). I've checked with 2 local dealers and was quoted 2 different prices. $320.00 from the dealer I bought my machine at and $308.00 from another. I'm told that the QH comes with one set of bushings for one implement and in order to use my ballast box with the iMatch I have to buy another set of different bushings that are 69.99.

I want the hitch, but can someone let me know what I should expect to pay before I dive in? Anyone know anything about the bushings as well?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just bought a iMatch QH for my 2320 2 weeks ago. Got it from my dealer in Concord, NH.
$298 for the hitch and $35 for a bushing set. No negotiating, that was the price.
Good luck the QH is great!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Tully...

If nothing else I would go back to the dealership and salesman you bought the 2520 from. I would think if you spent that kind of $$ with them, they should be able to work with you a little on the price of an iMatch.

And ditto on what sbussell stated...best of luck. I know you will enjoy the iMatch once you make a decision.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought the iMatch today, 299.00+tax. It came with a pretty generic set of bushings that I assume I can use on my rake or back blade with the lynch pins to adapt to the QH. I'll need to buy a set of the shouldered bushings to adapt my balast box. Any feedback on if I need to bush the toplink pins on the implements to make the hook fit a little more snug? You'd think that Deere would have provided a third bushing if they intended you to do the top link right?

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
Yes Tully, you need to bush the TL pin. There is info in the other thread that was linked above.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When I negotiated my new 2520 I never negotiated the iMatch QH into the sale (stupid move). I've checked with 2 local dealers and was quoted 2 different prices. $320.00 from the dealer I bought my machine at and $308.00 from another. I'm told that the QH comes with one set of bushings for one implement and in order to use my ballast box with the iMatch I have to buy another set of different bushings that are 69.99.

I want the hitch, but can someone let me know what I should expect to pay before I dive in? Anyone know anything about the bushings as well?
Paid $300 for mine... and, am kind of regretting the decision to buy it. I have both Cat 0 and Cat 1 implements... the Pats System (see http://www.pats3pointhitchsystem.com/page/7229 ) would probably have worked better for me (and, if I had been aware of it, would probably have gone that direction). If you have only Cat 1 implements, however, iMatch works great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay - I've had my iMatch for a couple weeks now and still have yet to use it (properly). I have a pair of bushings on order from SPEECO so I can retrofit my Ballast Box to fit. Wish Deere wouldn't market the BB with the iMatch logo and then try to get you for a pair or their 69.99 bushing kit just to make it work. They'll be here in a couple of days. I tried to hook up my york rake this weekend which turned out to be a no-go. I've read that if the implement isn't mfg to the ASAE standard, then the QH won't work. I've found some threads suggesting a QH adapter through Harbor Freight (item 29309-0VGA) or through Land Pride (item 320-013A). I took a stab at the HF flavor and called customer service 10.99 + 1.99 for shipping and more for tax, $14.02 later I have one on order. Is anyone familiar with the use of these floating top-link adapters and is it going to conflict with the fixed hook on my iMatch? My pricey iMatch quick hitch is rapidly becoming more and more discouraging.

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
I have never seen or heard of the HF top link adapter used with the iMatch.

Do you have a welder? Making implements fit is fairly easy to do...and once it's done it will always be easy to hook it up. There are a few companies following the ASAE standard-but they are all pricey implements and not the el-cheapo stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Adapting a Top Link Adapter

Well - I finally am able to use my iMatch QH with non-iMatch implements. Since the top hook is fixed, I can draw it in with my top link enough to clear the hook out of the way of the implement. I ordered the HF Top Link adapter, but it wasn't long enough to clear the fixed hook so I machined two pieces of 1/4" plate, bored some holes and machined a bushing and touched it off with a can of Deere Green. Yes, I still have to exit the machine to attach the top link, but it sure beats wrestling the lift arms wide enough to spread around my implements.

Grass Automotive wheel system Wheel Plant Vehicle Agricultural machinery Tractor Grass Outdoor power equipment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts