Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I learned of a tragic death of the wife of someone I had met at several conferences. 2 years ago, they were a happy family of four with their eldest daughter a senior in college. The daughter contracted an infection and ultimately passed away.

After much anguish, the wife realized that their loss could help others and she became a speaker and counselor for those in grief. One of the news articles has a link to a video that gives you an idea of the power of her message. Im Alive 2 Thrive: Full Length - YouTube

This week she was killed while sitting at a stop sign or light. A young driver decided to kill himself by driving into another car at a high rate of speed. He lived, she didn't.

While I wasn't a co worker or close friend, I had met the husband and talked with him to know he has a deep faith and an abiding love for agriculture and country. However, I think these losses would test anyone's faith.

Victim in fiery Siegen Lane crash was traveling grief counselor

Life is fragile and short. Live, love and make of it what you can, while you can. Help your neighbor.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
RIP. :pray: being said.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Devasting

My heart aches for your acquaintance. I can't imagine losing both a wife and a child.
I don't really know him well enough to call but did send him a note. I just can't imagine how you cope with that sequence of events.

Treefarmer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts