Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At auction today is a JD 900 12' 5 shank V ripper. How much HP would this take to pull? Rippers are bolted on so I could remove some if needed. I would also most likely cut to down from 12' to around 8'

Picture is from net a of a 4 shank ripper

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Zebra five-how much are u willing to pay for such a item? sometimes I see these sell cheap, and other times out of this site!! I would imagine ur 6000 series should pull it, and if not, do like u said, and take the outside shanks off. we will be expecting pics of ur newest addition this evening-ok. yeah-ralph-:laugh: says BUY IT:nunu::lol: HE says if u need a little help--that he will send u his piggy bank to help out:lol::hide:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
One of those stopped my nephew's 4630,,,,
there was 2K pounds of front end weights on the tractor.

The field was a long-unused pasture.

I think it depends on how deep the shanks go.

I have seen them with gauge wheels,,, to stop them from going too deep.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zebra five-how much are u willing to pay for such a item? sometimes I see these sell cheap, and other times out of this site!! I would imagine ur 6000 series should pull it, and if not, do like u said, and take the outside shanks off. we will be expecting pics of ur newest addition this evening-ok. yeah-ralph-:laugh: says BUY IT:nunu::lol: HE says if u need a little help--that he will send u his piggy bank to help out:lol::hide:
It would have to be cheap. Online auction, 6 hours to go, at $160 now plus 13% buyer premium and 6% sales tax.
And a 150 mile round trip with the track and trailer to get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts