Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
The bearing has a small hole in it which is lined up with the grease zerk on the flange, I was asking the same questions to the JD parts man until I saw the bearing and flange at which time it became clear. Trust me, the grease goes into the bearing. This bearing set up is used on the hexigonal pto shaft on the feeder house of jd combines. Take the part numbers to your dealer and have them show you
Ahhh... that makes sense. I sure do miss the old JD Parts system which allowed us to see detailed specifications and illustrations on parts.

Is there a reason that the original bearing flanges won't work? According to your photos and images I've found on-line of the flanges they look similar to the original.

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
The triangle flanges are not designed to accept a grease zerk
So the flanges that you posted part numbers for already have a taped hole for a zerk?

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
Cool! It's very difficult to find decent detailed images of those flanges on-line anyway. Appreciate the info.

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
I don't think the bearing mount on my 2-series front hitch has enough clearance for the round bearing flanges. Unless I cut off some of the flange edge or something.

Wood Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Rim

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.