Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I can look up the answer on JD website but I have the suspicion the H120 & 1025R is underrated. FYI - I have the 53" and ballast box filled with gravel.

I bought 72 of these blocks for a project and since I don't have a set of forks yet, I loaded them into the bucket.
http://www.menards.com/main/landscapeestimator/startscreen/wall/retaining-wall/7-x-3-1-2-x-14-belgian-wall-block/p-1965600-c-13405.htm

After loading the bucket, I thought I better look to see what the blocks weighed. 27lbs! 32 x 27 = 864lbs + the weight of the 53" bucket.

The tractor toy'd with it.:good2: Of course I lowered the bucket to 6" off the ground and drove in low. I suppose I should have snapped a pic.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Depending on configuration, the 1025R/H120 combo is rated for either 836lbs or 955lbs plus the bucket weight.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Depending on configuration, the 1025R/H120 combo is rated for either 836lbs or 955lbs plus the bucket weight.
Jim,

What are the different configurations you mention? Can you provide a link to these capacities?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Jim,

What are the different configurations you mention? Can you provide a link to these capacities?

Thanks,

Tim

I'll have to see if I can find the brochure again. I don't know the reasoning for it but in the brochure I looked at on the JD web site, they list the "1025R" and "1025R FILB" differently. Maybe they put in a different hydraulic pump or valves if you buy the BH factory installed (as opposed to a dealer add-on...)? The 1025R/H120 combo was listed at 836 lbs but the 1025R FILB was listed at 955 lbs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a little homework. See attached clip from the compact tractor attachement catalog.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Ah. So the numbers I saw were actually 2 different measuring points? 836 = max height. 955 = 59".

Good lord, I wish they'd standardize the way they use their own numbers! :laugh:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sounds like the little 1 series (with H120) should be able to do pretty well with a set of Artillian forks if the weight is close to the back rest with a 955lb lifting height to 59"... I haven't been able to put anything in the bucket that my machine wouldn't lift, I rarely lift to max height and so far heaping buckets of dense loam (wet and dry), 3/4 crushed stone, sand, and various others materials haven't strained it at all, so the loader lifting power seem very well matched to the size of the machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts