Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just switched to "Winter" Mode (BH/FEL off, Blower On), and wondered how often I should grease the tractor itself. Meaning the steering, Front Driveshaft, and the Shaft from the Engine to Transmission.

I know you can't really grease too often, but how many hours would be a guideline for greasing. I did it all in the spring, along with the oil change, and only put on about 40 hours since.

The steering and driveshaft aren't a big deal, but that shaft from the engine to transmission is a PITA.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Lubricating Machine Grease Fittings

• Extremely Wet and Muddy Conditions - Lubricate machine grease fittings (A) every 10 hours of operation or on a daily basis.
  • All Other Conditions - Lubricate machine grease fittings every 50 hours of operation.

LVAL38301-UN-21AUG12

A - Grease Fittings
[HR][/HR]

LVAL38302-UN-21AUG12
Parts have been removed for better view.

LVAL38303-UN-21AUG12
Clamp loosened and boot pulled back for better view.

A - Power Steering Cylinder
B - Main Driveline - Front
C - Main Driveline - Rear
D - MFWD Driveline - Rear
E - MFWD Driveline - Front
[HR][/HR]

·
Registered
142 Posts
I find the spousal early warning system works well for deciding when to grease the tractor. You may hear the following alarms;

Honey, we should rearrange the living room furniture
The bachelorette is on in a few minutes
My girlfriends are coming over for book club
Since we are both off, lets go shopping together

On hearing those alarms you should suddenly remember an urgent need to protect your investment from (inclement weather, corrosion, squirrel damage, imminent muffler bearing seizure) all of which can only be solved by 'greasing the tractor'

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I find the spousal early warning system works well for deciding when to grease the tractor. You may hear the following alarms;

On hearing those alarms you should suddenly remember an urgent need to protect your investment from (inclement weather, corrosion, squirrel damage, imminent muffler bearing seizure) all of which can only be solved by 'greasing the tractor'
I would either go broke on tubes of grease or my grease gun would explode.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would either go broke on tubes of grease or my grease gun would explode.
Whoa there... you are not supposed to actually grease the tractor, you are supposed to take your phone out to the shed, fire up tapatalk, and hang out on GTT :)

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts

Brilliant man right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get a white grease board to hang in shop. Draw up service intervals/schedules on this board for your equipment.
-Daily, Weekly, Monthly PMS Periodic Maintenance Scheduled.
When you honey indicator goes off you know the chart has the PMS already to be checked off on your shop chart.
After careful consideration and a few beers of course. USN Vet

·
Registered
398 Posts
...you forgot: Check level of blinker fluid reservoir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts