Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1998 425 AWS. Somewhere on this forum or another I read that in order to use chains on the all wheel steer model wheel spacers are required to provide clearance between the chains and the tie rod brackets. I have searched JD Parts Catalog and asked the dealer, but no one so far can tell me how thick the spacers should be. I assume they must be at least 1" thick because there is very
little clearance without them.

Can any of you guys steer me (pardon the pun) in the right direction?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't know if the same spacers are used on your machine, but part #BM22725 is a spacer kit for the X729 & X749 and according to the Implements & Attachments catalog the overall width of the machine will be increased by 1.5 inchs. And cost 145.00.
Hope that helps you some:drinks:
Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Dont have the answer for you but incase you dont have it, the part number for your tractors spacer kit is BM18021.

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I don't know if the same spacers are used on your machine, but part #BM22725 is a spacer kit for the X729 & X749 and according to the Implements & Attachments catalog the overall width of the machine will be increased by 1.5 inchs. And cost 145.00.
Hope that helps you some:drinks:
Jeff
I had a 425 AWS several years ago. Those look like the same spacers I had. They were about 1" thick. I do not recommend leaving the spacers in full time. I wore the ball joints out on my 425 in a short time by leaving the spacers in all of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts