Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3038E I want to add a hydraulic top link. I recieved link and spool value from Surplus yesterday. I was hoping someone had one on theirs and could show me what goes where.
This picture shows rear lines I have on backhoe now, I assume power beyond? One line from pump, other to tank, labeled 1&2 (which is which?).
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Pull up your machine on John Deere parts catalog, and find that part you are pointing at. It looks like a pressure relief adjustment valve, but, I am only guessing.

Assuming you have this spool valve?

Looks like in your picture, #5, will be your in, from your current line, on the back of your machine. #1, will be your Power Beyond port, which will go to the same place the other end of your line is currently routed to, on the back of your machine. And #2 will have a Power Beyond sleeve installed, and be a low pressure line to a tank port. #3 and #4, are your work ports, that route to your double acting hydraulic cylinder that you're adding. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. I may have #1 and #2 mixed up.
Here is the PDF with dimensions, and the routing of the ports in the valve.

You need this part number 9-12475-PB (if the valve I linked to above, #12460, is what you have), from SurplusCenter.com, It gets installed into what you have labeled as #2, and then the line out of that sleeve goes to your low pressure tank port.
As it's configured in your pic, with the threaded plug in #2, it assumes no power beyond is used (no downstream valve), and that #1 is low pressure to tank.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, to help him better.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On tractor top disconnect goes up front so I assume pump pressure line? Marked "1".
Flexible hose I took backhoe off today , so plugged it into "1". Flexible hose goes to rear tank so I assume return line.
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.