Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3038E I want to add a hydraulic top link. I recieved link and spool value from Surplus yesterday. I was hoping someone had one on theirs and could show me what goes where.
This picture shows rear lines I have on backhoe now, I assume power beyond? One line from pump, other to tank, labeled 1&2 (which is which?).
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is spool valve. 5 ports, #2 is threaded plug, others plastic. What goes where?
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Under seat next to draft control, is my finger on pressure adjustment?
I'll make bracket for spool valve, then measure and buy hydraulic lines.
Thanks so much.
Brown Wood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Pull up your machine on John Deere parts catalog, and find that part you are pointing at. It looks like a pressure relief adjustment valve, but, I am only guessing.

Assuming you have this spool valve?

Looks like in your picture, #5, will be your in, from your current line, on the back of your machine. #1, will be your Power Beyond port, which will go to the same place the other end of your line is currently routed to, on the back of your machine. And #2 will have a Power Beyond sleeve installed, and be a low pressure line to a tank port. #3 and #4, are your work ports, that route to your double acting hydraulic cylinder that you're adding. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. I may have #1 and #2 mixed up.
Here is the PDF with dimensions, and the routing of the ports in the valve.

You need this part number 9-12475-PB (if the valve I linked to above, #12460, is what you have), from SurplusCenter.com, It gets installed into what you have labeled as #2, and then the line out of that sleeve goes to your low pressure tank port.
As it's configured in your pic, with the threaded plug in #2, it assumes no power beyond is used (no downstream valve), and that #1 is low pressure to tank.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, to help him better.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are better pictures.
On valve 1 marked T. 2 marked N. 5 marked P. 3&4 on valve top are unmarked.
Next I'll show valve.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On tractor top disconnect goes up front so I assume pump pressure line? Marked "1".
Flexible hose I took backhoe off today , so plugged it into "1". Flexible hose goes to rear tank so I assume return line.
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.