Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stumbled on this. Nowhere did I find it in the manual or anybody mentioning it online so I thought I'd share for the other 1023E owners out there looking for a softer ride. I'm still working on the bracket to replace my seat with an actual suspension seat, but for those that may be satisfied with just a little softer seat suspension, give this a try.

Seems there are 3 possible positions for the seat bumpers. Farthest away from the seat hinge gives the stiffest ride-

20190705_194325.jpg

Moving the bumpers closest to the hinge allows the seat to have more give.

20190925_111517.jpg

Not a whole lot better, but it is an improvement.

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
There is also springs you can get from JD that will directly replace the bumpers...I don't have the part number with me though.

·
Super Moderator
2,281 Posts
The adjusting of the seat bumpers/springs is the same as how my X360 is done. Nothing to write home about, but there is a little difference between full backwards and full forwards.

The JD seat spring part number Ken refers to should be M154605. $7.79 each.

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
This is what they look like:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,298 Posts
This is what they look like:
Given that the rubber bumper shown is the same rubber bumper used on the Gen-1 2-series seat (2520/2720/2032R), I wonder if the replacement spring would work on those tractors?

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
Given that the rubber bumper shown is the same rubber bumper used on the Gen-1 2-series seat (2520/2720/2032R), I wonder if the replacement spring would work on those tractors?

The retainer is different, so they will float around in it...unless you fab up something to hold them in. For $16, it's worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts