Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,868 Posts
From the sounds of it I wouldn't risk finding stuff with the rotary cutter.

Since you have a grapple I'd rake it up and haul it to a place it could be burnt.

·
Premium Member
13,868 Posts
Is there any reason to not grapple the stuff out into an open area and use the rotary cutter to mulch it down
That would work. At least that way you can sort out the stuff you can't mow like rocks and other debris. After you go over it the first time with the cutter you could push the stuff back into a windrow and chop it again.

Might be worth renting a big chipper for a day and just grind it all up at once.

·
Premium Member
13,868 Posts
Were you just finding piles of old bamboo, or were you finding growing bamboo? Bamboo is not something you want to shred, it will turn into incredibly sharp splinters that will harden and resist decomposition.
Yikes. Did not know that.

In picture #2 you can see growing bamboo.

Good catch.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Premium Member
13,868 Posts
This land is owned by a neighbor however this portion is an easement granted to the neighborhood for an old horse path.
I am surprised that an easement gives you the right to clear property that is not yours.
My take is he is clearing the easement that has apparently been left unmaintained so that it can be used again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts