Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the kid left the PTO shaft for the rotary cutter laying on the ground a couple of weeks ago when he removed it. It rained, rained and rained again, splashing the sandy dirt up and into the coupler. Not sure how to get all the dirt out of there. I don't think I have a brisk that small.

Anyone have experience in such matters?

Here's a couple of pics

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Geez -- need a new kid.

rob

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
Some spray oil and a bottle brush should do it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Some penetrating oil and a tooth brush, acid brush and maybe a bottle brush. No single brush will reach all areas and something like PB Blaster, WD-40 or other thin oil should do the trick.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,738 Posts
Some spray oil and a bottle brush should do it.
Yup, this works, and maybe a toothbrush size stiff wire brush for difficult spots, been there done that.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Super Moderator
6,012 Posts
When I bought my wood chipper the PTO shaft looked about the same. I hit it with the power washer, sprayed it down with liquid wrench and scrubbed it with a small wire brush. After 30 minutes of toying with it, I sprayed it all down with carb cleaner, let it dry and then sprayed it with fluid film. Haven't had any problems with it since

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It's just steel. Pressure wash if ya got it, or hose, etc. Take the shaft to the local car wash and hose it down for a few bucks.

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 9 of 9 Posts