Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there is a similar thread on here somewhere but I could not find it.

I have five Yeti coolers, the rubber washers are moldy, to get a replacement washer all I've found is to buy the Plug assembly at $10 ea. that's $50 for five washers - wrong. Any idea how to clean mold from a rubber washer?

·
Registered
22,746 Posts
We are having a terrible issue with mold and mildew this year due to the excessive humidity until recently. If I didn’t keep up with dusting, the humidity would get into the dust then turn to mold or mildew (don’t really know the difference). I’m finding it in all kinds of weird places - even the seats of Mrs. C’s car which never leaves the barn and has never been wet inside.

I got a bottle of Walmart’s brand of mold and mildew remover. It works very well on soft surfaces but not as well on hard. For something like a rubber seal like you are talking about I would soak it in the remover for an hour or so then clean it a couple times with your favorite household cleaner.

——————-

I like a thread like this. For some reason I like to clean - especially if I am anxious or upset - seems to be a great distraction for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts