Green Tractor Talk banner

How to connect an atv rear blade to a 3 point hitch on X495

374 Views 11 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Sergeant
Ok I have a question about attaching implements. I currently have an atv with a lift system and the way it works is the implements have the 2" receiver on them and slide into the lift system. Now that I have an X495 I want to do a 3 point but the issues is if I do the three point and then install a 2" receiver from heavy hitch or amazon the issue is the implement and hitch receiver are both 2" female. I think I need a male adapter to connect the two but I've done a search and not found anything that could do it so I may have to make one myself.

Here is some context on one of my implements.

See less
Ok I have a question about attaching implements. I currently have an atv with a lift system and the way it works is the implements have the 2" receiver on them and slide into the lift system. Now that I have an X495 I want to do a 3 point but the issues is if I do the three point and then install a 2" receiver from heavy hitch or amazon the issue is the implement and hitch receiver are both 2" female. I think I need a male adapter to connect the two but I've done a search and not found...
See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Invest in this DRAWBAR CAT 1 425 445 455 | eBay Bill Ruegg's 3 Point Draw Bar would work with it or even the Heavy Hitch draw Bar All Products - Heavy Hitch - Compact Tractor Attachments and Invest in an Extension if You Can't find one Online Talk to Bill Ruegg he could Fabricate the extension you need (y)
Ok I have a question about attaching implements. I currently have an atv with a lift system and the way it works is the implements have the 2" receiver on them and slide into the lift system. Now that I have an X495 I want to do a 3 point but the issues is if I do the three point and then install a 2" receiver from heavy hitch or amazon the issue is the implement and hitch receiver are both 2" female. I think I need a male adapter to connect the two but I've done a search and not found anything that could do it so I may have to make one myself.

Here is some context on one of my implements.

See less
Invest in this DRAWBAR CAT 1 425 445 455 | eBay Bill Ruegg's 3 Point Draw Bar would work with it or even the Heavy Hitch draw Bar All Products - Heavy...
See more
Yeah right idea but wrong size. I need a male male adapter to fit into the 2" receiver on both. Need something like this and drill out the smaller hole so pins are the same.https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200612793_200612793?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Trailers%20%2B%20Towing%20%3E%20Hitch%20Receivers%20%2B%20Adapters%20%3E%20Hitch%20Adapters&utm_campaign=Ultra-Tow&utm_content=32800&ogmap=SHP%7cPLA%7cGOOG%7cSTND%7cc%7cSITEWIDE%7cOOT%7c%7c%7c%7c16172241560%7c132442648559&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_bieBhDSARIsADU4zLesc8OrmsX0vRpThZlCLqN1QIbUsYytWc30sC7h7R6KtnC6SGykCh8aAk4QEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
See less
Yeah right idea but wrong size. I need a male male adapter to fit into the 2" receiver on both. Need something like this and drill out the smaller hole so pins are the...
See more
You cut the end off the stock Bar https://www.amazon.com/CURT-49480-S...mzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc and drill Holes In the stock Bar and You Have a Male end on both sides of the Bar and Bar Plugs Into Both the Female end's That Bar end Up being the right size as You cut it to fit is what I was Talking about (y)
Yeah right idea but wrong size. I need a male male adapter to fit into the 2" receiver on both. Need something like this and drill out the smaller hole so pins are the same.https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200612793_200612793?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Trailers%20%2B%20Towing%20%3E%20Hitch%20Receivers%20%2B%20Adapters%20%3E%20Hitch%20Adapters&utm_campaign=Ultra-Tow&utm_content=32800&ogmap=SHP%7cPLA%7cGOOG%7cSTND%7cc%7cSITEWIDE%7cOOT%7c%7c%7c%7c16172241560%7c132442648559&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_bieBhDSARIsADU4zLesc8OrmsX0vRpThZlCLqN1QIbUsYytWc30sC7h7R6KtnC6SGykCh8aAk4QEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
See less
You cut the end off the stock Bar https://www.amazon.com/CURT-49480-S...mzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc and drill Holes In the stock Bar and You Have a Male end on both sides of the Bar and Bar Plugs Into Both the Female end's That Bar end Up being the right size as You cut it...
See more
Find a nearby fab shop or steel warehouse and get a chunk of tubing with appropriate wall thickness.
Find a nearby fab shop or steel warehouse and get a chunk of tubing with appropriate wall thickness.
See more
I was thinking that as an option as well.

I was thinking that as an option as well.

See more
Might have found a solution with this. IMPACT Pro 3-Point Hitch Adapter
Might have found a solution with this. IMPACT Pro 3-Point Hitch Adapter
See more
Just found this video. He used the 2" to 1 1/4" adapter to do exactly what I want.

Just found this video. He used the 2" to 1 1/4" adapter to do exactly what I want.

See more
Exactly what He did is what I have been suggesting from the beginning, the Only difference is the Bar I used as an example is set up for 2 Inch receiver implements, and it's 4 Feet Long there are different Lengths of the Bar with different insert sizes as well. Only reason I put the 4-foot Bar, You can cut it down to the length you want

What size 3 Point Hitch do You Have On the X495 do you have an OEM Limited Cat 1 or do You have an OEM Cat 0 3 point Hitch, Reason I ask is the way the Deere OEM Limited Cat 1 3 point hitch arms are Made, that Impact Pro adapter is way too Narrow to fit On the Limited Cat 1 3point arms as The Impact adapter is 6.8 inches too Narrow

See less
Exactly what He did is what I have been suggesting from the beginning, the Only difference is the Bar I used as an example is set up for 2 Inch receiver implements, and it's 4 Feet Long there are different Lengths of the Bar with different insert sizes as well. Only reason I put the 4-foot Bar, You can cut it down to the length you want

What size 3 Point Hitch do You Have On the X495 do you have an OEM Limited Cat 1 or do You have an OEM Cat 0 3 point Hitch, Reason I ask is the way the...
See more
Lol I thought what you showed was a 2" female, not male. Oh well, my bad :) I haven't bought the three point yet. Won't do it till spring. Just trying to plan ahead and to keep my current blade because I priced 3 point blades out and ouch....

What size 3 Point Hitch do You Have On the X495 do you have an OEM Limited Cat 1 or do You have an OEM Cat 0 3 point Hitch, Reason I ask is the way the Deere OEM Limited Cat 1 3 point hitch arms are Made, that Impact Pro adapter is way too Narrow to fit On the Limited Cat 1 3point arms as The Impact adapter is 6.8 inches too Narrow
See less
Lol I thought what you showed was a 2" female, not male. Oh well, my bad :) I haven't bought the three point yet. Won't do it till spring. Just trying to plan ahead and to keep my current blade because I priced 3 point blades out and ouch....

Exactly what He did is what I have been suggesting from the beginning, the Only difference is the Bar I used as an example is set up for 2 Inch receiver implements, and it's 4 Feet Long there are...
See more
Sometime explaining things in writing doesn't make sense until you show pictures I would suggest if you want to save money on a 3point Hitch think of Getting a 3point hitch here Hitch Kits and I suggest going with a Limited Cat 1 X Series Hitch Kit - CAT 1 While You see Cat 0 Impact Implements for the most part Cat 0 is a dead Implement Line The Two Major Cat 0 Implement Manufacturers stopped Producing Cat 0 In early 2000's . Deere still offers a Cat 0 and so does Bill Ruegg But other Than Impact Implements and Implements from this Tractor company Tuff-bilt Tractor - Tuff-bilt Tractor Systems Cat 0 is dead. See Back Prior to 2005 Cat 0 implements always cost More than Cat 1 Implements In 2000 I was Going to Get a Blade for my Cat 0 3point Hitches and a Cat 0 blade was $450 and a Cat 0/1(Cat 1 implement with Cat 0 pins facing inwards) Blade from Work Saver cost $129.00 Though Cat 1 Is Double what it cost 20 years ago it is still relatively cheap in price https://www.northerntool.com/shop/t...NbrpEGYE0DP8MQACHKMaAjFwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds depending on the Manufacturer (y)
See less
Sometime explaining things in writing doesn't make sense until you show pictures I would suggest if you want to save money on a 3point Hitch think of Getting a 3point hitch here Hitch Kits and I suggest going with a Limited Cat 1 X Series Hitch Kit - CAT 1 While You see Cat 0 Impact Implements for the most part Cat 0 is a dead Implement Line The Two Major Cat 0...
See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts